Cake Mix Extender

Baking By irisinbloom Updated 11 Dec 2008 , 12:51am by irisinbloom

irisinbloom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
irisinbloom Posted 11 Dec 2008 , 12:05am
post #1 of 5

Does anyone have the recipe for the cake mix extender recipe that doesn't have the sour cream in it. Thanks so muchicon_smile.gif

4 replies
CakeDiva70 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeDiva70 Posted 11 Dec 2008 , 12:34am
post #2 of 5

Yes, and it is the BEST!!!! I use for all flavors too. If using chocolate cake add 1 cup of oil. I add an extra egg and add vanilla and creme royal flavoring...................

This is from Cassandracakes.....................

I have searched high and low to find a thread on mixing up more than one cake mix at a time for making a large quantity of cake batter at one time. I have mixed several suggestions from others and came up with this and it is wonderful. It produce a wonderful flavor with a fine crumb. I used it for a stacked 14"square, 12"round, 8"square and 6"round wedding cake that a bride wanted. It held up beautifully. I frosted my cake with Earlene Moore's cream cheese icing and it turned out great.

This cake recipe is the maximum quantity for your 5 quart mixing bowl. It mixed up perfect in my Kitchen Aid Accolade. It yielded 15 1/2 cups cake batter.

2 Duncan Hines Butter Recipe cake mixes (I guess you could use any flavor)
2 cups All Purpose Flour
1 1/2 Cups Sugar
4 Sticks Butter (I used half butter, half margarine)
2 2/3 cups water
6 eggs
1 box French Vanilla Pudding Mix (instant)
2 tsp Baking Powder

Cream butter and sugar together. Add eggs, mix until blended. Add cake mix, pudding, flour and baking powder. Blend on low while drizzling in water in a thin stream. Mix until smooth (doesn't take long), and bake according to directions for your pan size. I had to share this because it turned our so good. I hope someone else enjoys!!

irisinbloom Posted 11 Dec 2008 , 12:47am
post #3 of 5

jrpierce70, thank you so much, but I wonder if you can half this, cause my KA is only 4.5 quart. Again thanksicon_smile.gif

CakeDiva70 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeDiva70 Posted 11 Dec 2008 , 12:49am
post #4 of 5

Yes, you can halve this recipe. I do use 4 eggs when I do and 1/2 cup of oil if chocolate cake. I promise you won't be disappointed.........

irisinbloom Posted 11 Dec 2008 , 12:51am
post #5 of 5

Thanks sooooo much, cause I'm out of sour cream and don't have time to go dashing out the door for moreicon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%