Can Cake Balls Be Frozen?

Decorating By chocomama Updated 10 Dec 2008 , 8:23pm by chocomama

chocomama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chocomama Posted 10 Dec 2008 , 7:46pm
post #1 of 6

I mean, already chocolate dipped cake balls, that is. If so, how long do they stay good?

5 replies
Rosie2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rosie2 Posted 10 Dec 2008 , 7:59pm
post #2 of 6

Hi, I was told that you could freeze them, but before you cover them with the chocolate...not sure about after.
Maybe someone else can you a better answer.

Ironbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ironbaker Posted 10 Dec 2008 , 8:02pm
post #3 of 6

Yes but they'll most likely "sweat". How long? Not sure..I've never kept them in there longer than a few days.

JanetBme Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanetBme Posted 10 Dec 2008 , 8:14pm
post #4 of 6

I keep mine in the freezer. If they are just dipped in choc- then they'll be fine- they will sweat a little as they come up to room temp. If you have pearl or gold dust on them- then that does bead the dust sometimes- you have to lay them in one layer and let them dry and don't touch or you smear the dust..

chocomama Posted 10 Dec 2008 , 8:16pm
post #5 of 6

I have some clients who would like them for Christmas, but I will be going out-of-state on the 19th and would have to have them ready by the 18th. The clients would have to freeze them, I'm assuming, till the next week.

chocomama Posted 10 Dec 2008 , 8:23pm
post #6 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanetBme

I keep mine in the freezer. If they are just dipped in choc- then they'll be fine- they will sweat a little as they come up to room temp. If you have pearl or gold dust on them- then that does bead the dust sometimes- you have to lay them in one layer and let them dry and don't touch or you smear the dust..

They would just be dipped in chocolate. How could I package them for my customers and is it best for them to be put into the fridge when first removing them from the freezer and before trying to bring to room temperature?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%