German Chololate

Decorating By shannonchef2004 Updated 10 Dec 2008 , 3:15pm by milissasmom

shannonchef2004 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shannonchef2004 Posted 10 Dec 2008 , 2:50pm
post #1 of 4

I am making a German Chocolate Cake for my brother in laws wedding on Saturday and I have noticed in most of the recipes that it call for German Chocolate squares. Where do you find this?


3 replies
Nicolle711 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Nicolle711 Posted 10 Dec 2008 , 2:57pm
post #2 of 4

German Chocolate is a name brand chocolate like Hershey. I have found German Chocolate squares at my local supermarket. They are with all the other bars of baking chocolate. icon_biggrin.gif

Win Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Win Posted 10 Dec 2008 , 3:14pm
post #3 of 4

Above the chocolate chip on the baking aisle... look for brand name: Baker's Chocolate. German Chocolate is a specific bar. As well, I find their recipe to be the most fail-proof and is on the inside of their cardboard wrapper. I have a german chocolate cake made from this recipe in my gallery. HTH, and happy baking!

milissasmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
milissasmom Posted 10 Dec 2008 , 3:15pm
post #4 of 4

Hi, German's Chocolate is a type of chocolate like Swiss Chocolate, Dark Chocolate etc (created by Samuel German) it is dark but a bit sweeter than dark chocolate...The Brand here in Southern California is Baker's brand and it comes in a green box. You can usually find it with the other baking products. This chocolate CAN be substituted if need-be. You can find substitutes on-line. If you can't tell, I make this cake all the time and even with the substitutes it is awesome! Good luck!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%