Snowman Cake

Decorating By cakebaker1957 Updated 9 Dec 2008 , 10:25pm by lainalee

cakebaker1957 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakebaker1957 Posted 9 Dec 2008 , 9:45pm
post #1 of 3

Im to make a standup snowman cake for our office Christman party i would like it to be Red velvet with cc icing , its a pan with one half of the snowman on one side and then the other half on the other side its a very heavy pan cast iorn i think really cute This is my questions to transfer this cake it will have to stand up what can i do so it wont fall over? i thought of taking a dowel rod and inserting it through its body into a cardboard box im afraid that the CCheese icing will let it slip Whats your take on this one?? Thanks

2 replies
dandelion56602 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dandelion56602 Posted 9 Dec 2008 , 10:11pm
post #2 of 3

Sandwich the 1/2s together w/ the icing, then put dowels horizontally through the snowman & if you wanted you could put 1 vertical dowel through each 1/2. A good Red Velvet that holds it's shape pretty well is in the Cake Mix Doctor book. The decorator cream cheese recipe here on cc is a good one & it crusts too. Someone else may have a more helpful construction tip, but I love both of those recipes.

lainalee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lainalee Posted 9 Dec 2008 , 10:25pm
post #3 of 3

I agree with dandelion56602 and her tips for the horizantal dowells. I would only add, and you probably already do this, but make sure to use a good dollop of icing on the board under each half. sounds cute, make sure to post pics.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%