Imbc

Decorating By Lyma Updated 24 Nov 2012 , 5:25am by candacethecook

Lyma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lyma Posted 8 Dec 2008 , 8:13pm
post #1 of 6

What is IMBC and how can I make it?

I know it's some type of butter cream, but what does the IM stand for?

Thank you
=)

5 replies
PinkZiab Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PinkZiab Posted 8 Dec 2008 , 8:24pm
post #2 of 6

Italian Meringue.

There are tons of recipes around, so I'll just explain the technique rather than post exact measurements (I don't have my recipes with me right now anyway)

You make an italian meringue by cooking sugar (with just enough water to make it the consistency of wet sand) to the soft ball stage, then pour the hot sugar into the whipping egg whites. Once the whites have cooled and reached the proper consistency, you add in your butter and flavor as desired.

GI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GI Posted 9 Dec 2008 , 12:50am
post #3 of 6

http://forum.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopic-594605-390-days0-orderasc-.html

This is a great thread. Long, but fast enough to zip thru.

I am still waiting to see if anyone can help me on something, tho. I added too much Vanilla and it's got a "sharp bite" to the flavor.

stephaniescakenj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stephaniescakenj Posted 9 Dec 2008 , 2:25am
post #4 of 6

Here's the best buttercream EVER !!!!

2 1/4 cups sugar
1/2 cup water
1 cup egg whites
6 sticks of butter
1 tsp vanilla...

put sugar into a saucepan with a lid and add water. Bring to a boil, once it comes to a boil, let it go on medium high for about 7 mins. Meanwhile, beat 1 cup egg whites til stiff with a whisk attachment, I think it takes about 5 mins. Once the sugar is done, pull it off the burner, wait about 30 secs til it stops bubbling, with the mixer going, slowly pour the sugar syrup to the side of the mixer bowl avoiding the whip. Let it whip for 10 mins til the bowl is cool to the touch, add 6 sticks of room temperature butter cut in small chunks and keep whipping til its all incorporated. At some point it may look curdled, keep going, it will come together. Once it's all together, add a tsp of vanilla and you're good to go!

Love this stuff. I have the recipe memorized icon_biggrin.gif

Lyma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lyma Posted 10 Dec 2008 , 1:29am
post #5 of 6

Oh thank you, you guys were very helpful.

I appreciate all the information as well as the recipes.

thumbs_up.gif

candacethecook Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
candacethecook Posted 24 Nov 2012 , 5:25am
post #6 of 6

OMG, that sounds like a lot of butter.  How much does this make?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%