Ultimate Lemon Flavor In Pound Cake

Decorating By CakeDiva70 Updated 8 Dec 2008 , 2:09pm by Jenn2179

CakeDiva70 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeDiva70 Posted 8 Dec 2008 , 12:32pm
post #1 of 3

Last night I baked Elvis Presleys Favorite Pound Cake, and it was delicious. I wanted a lemon pound cake, so this is what I put in the cake. 1TB Crème Bouquet, 1TB Lemon Emulsion, 1TB Lemon Extract, ½ TB Butter Flavor, 2TB Lemon Zest, 3TB actual lemon juice. I divided the batter into 2 parts and put ½ box of Lemon pudding mix in one. Both cakes still only had a hint of lemon flavor. My husband whose sense of taste is a lot stronger than mine said he could taste the lemon flavor. I have an order for this Lemon Pound cake for Christmas, so I want to make sure you can taste the lemon. If you would not mind sharing how you flavor your lemon pound cake or cake in general, I would appreciate it.

Many thanks in advance.. icon_biggrin.gif

2 replies
KKC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KKC Posted 8 Dec 2008 , 12:50pm
post #2 of 3

I made a few lemon pound cakes this Thanksgiving and in each of them i used 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice, 2Tbsp lemon zest & 2tsp lemon extract. I also make a lemon glaze with powder sugar, fresh lemon juice & 1/4tsp lemon extract.

Jenn2179 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jenn2179 Posted 8 Dec 2008 , 2:09pm
post #3 of 3

I only use lemon zest and extract in my batter but I brush on a simple syrup made from lemon juice and sugar and it KICKS up the lemon flavor.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%