Scalloped Fondant Mold

Decorating By mydor Updated 5 Dec 2008 , 3:44pm by LadyMike

mydor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mydor Posted 5 Dec 2008 , 12:16pm
post #1 of 5

I'm looking for a 2" wide scallop mold for fondant. The scallops have to be on both sides and appears like a thin ribbon of fondant on the cake but very lacy. I have lace molds for fondant, but one side is straight with the top side curvy. This style usually sits at the bottom as a boarder. I need this lacy look to be in the middle of the cake. I'm trying to make a cake from a magazine and want a look that is close. Does anyone know of a a website store that sells these?

4 replies
lainalee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lainalee Posted 5 Dec 2008 , 12:29pm
post #2 of 5

Not clear what you mean by lacey, but if you are talking about a swag type, Earlene's sells the molds. You could do a pattern with a mat on the fondant before using the mold to get a lacey look. HTH

jennabell441 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jennabell441 Posted 5 Dec 2008 , 12:47pm
post #3 of 5

What about a Garrett frill cutter? You could thin the edges to with a toothpick or something to get a lacy look.

DianeLM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DianeLM Posted 5 Dec 2008 , 2:51pm
post #4 of 5
LadyMike Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LadyMike Posted 5 Dec 2008 , 3:44pm
post #5 of 5
Originally Posted by DianeLM

Have you looked here?

I'm not sure if this is what the OP wanted, but this is a great site! I love their molds! Thanks for sharing!!!

LadyMike icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%