My Mom's 50Th Birthday Party Help!!

Decorating By sweet_teeth Updated 5 Dec 2008 , 8:18am by Bunsen

sweet_teeth Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweet_teeth Posted 2 Dec 2008 , 4:45am
post #1 of 6

Hi wonderful CC family icon_smile.gif

I am making my mother's 50's Birthday Party cake. I am usually pretty good at figuring just want I want to do well before the due date.. but not this time!

I love whimsical cakes, and my mother loves any cakes with daisies on it ( her favorite of mine is that yellow and green daisy cake I did when I first started playing with fondat). I want to make it fun since it's a big birthday, but I'm stuck! icon_sad.gif

I've already baked the cakes: 10inch, 8inch, and 6 inch, all four inches high.

Any helps or ideas shot my way would be WONDERFUL!

TIA.

5 replies
GI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GI Posted 2 Dec 2008 , 4:56am
post #2 of 6

I would make your topsy turvey cake with daisies as the theme. She doesn't have to have a "black" cake for 50! I think if you made your layers in different fondant themes, like stripes/polka dots/with daisies in between and then daisies on the top?

HTH! icon_biggrin.gif

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 2 Dec 2008 , 5:07am
post #3 of 6

GI's idea sound great.. go for it...

sweet_teeth Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweet_teeth Posted 2 Dec 2008 , 12:05pm
post #4 of 6

I knew you all could help icon_smile.gif I think i'm going to try out those cute whismy roses and pearl 'necklace' strands on this cake as well.

Thanks!

bakingagain Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakingagain Posted 4 Dec 2008 , 2:40pm
post #5 of 6

For my fiftieth birthday a few years ago, I wanted a cake that I oved as a child. It was a chocolate cake with banana filling and whipped cream frosting. I grew up in Chicago, in polish neighborhoods with great bakeries. A friend of mine had one made for me, which was very good. It brought bake many memories of my younger days, and I was also able to share with my family some of what I did as a child.
You could ask your mother what her favorites were as a child, and make a cake incorporating some of those things. Most of us loved barbies as they were just becoming popular. The Beatles and rock and roll was also becoming popular. Maybe a retro decorated cake. Or, you could do something totally modern and futuristic to carry your mom into her next century.

Bunsen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bunsen Posted 5 Dec 2008 , 8:18am
post #6 of 6

Following on from Bakingagain's suggestion have a look at this Mary Quant poster for inspiration...

http://purelydecorative.blogspot.com/2007/08/mary-quant.html

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%