Question About Cc Bouquets

Decorating By imnamor95 Updated 28 Jul 2011 , 6:31pm by KHalstead

imnamor95 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imnamor95 Posted 2 Dec 2008 , 2:02am
post #1 of 12

I think I am making my ccs too moist. Some of them have fallen out of their cc liner. Today, I had one girl call and say her bouquet was falling apart. Help! I might just not cover them in the saran wrap to keep the moisture in when they r cooling. Do u think that should help? Other than that, the taste is fantastic and they hold for the most part. Whaddya think? icon_confused.gif

11 replies
Callyssa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Callyssa Posted 2 Dec 2008 , 4:24am
post #2 of 12

I don't know.....cupcakes dry out so fast, even when they have been wrapped to cool......which liners are you using? I've never had a problem until I'd read on here about people having problems (go figure!) last week. The only thing different was I used gold foil liners that I got at my cake supply store. The silver Reynolds foil liners I get at the grocery store still have white paper inside them (not the ones separating them), but the gold ones were strictly foil. I did have some start to come away from the cupcakes. I had also used an ultra moist pumpkin recipe that was new, so it could also have been that, but my hunch is it was the liners.

The other question I have is are you letting the moisture "dry" off of your cupcakes before icing them? I take the plastic wrap off about 30 min. before I ice. HTH's!

lindambc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lindambc Posted 2 Dec 2008 , 4:49am
post #3 of 12

This happened to me a couple times. Then I started using the WASC recipe and I bought the foil cupcake liners from a supplier and haven't had a problem with them drying out or separting. Even when I freeze them and defrost them they are still moist.

All I can say is trial and error and lots of help from our fellow CCers.

Good Luck

HTH

post #4 of 12

This happened to me a couple times. Then I started using the WASC recipe and I bought the foil cupcake liners from a supplier and haven't had a problem with them drying out or separting. Even when I freeze them and defrost them they are still moist.

Good Luck

HTH

post #5 of 12

Good Luck

HTH

Michelle104 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Michelle104 Posted 2 Dec 2008 , 4:21pm
post #6 of 12

Do you guys do regular size cuppies or the minis? Which is easier? Can you do a filling in the wasc for the cuppie bouquet??? Thanks for letting me pick your brain! Sorry for the hijack! icon_redface.gif

Callyssa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Callyssa Posted 2 Dec 2008 , 4:49pm
post #7 of 12

Michelle.....sorry I can't help much; I've only done the bouquets where you staple plastic cups together and set the cc inside them. I've been too afraid of them falling off the other way! I've used regular sized cupcakes. I've seen some bouquets done with minis though, and the skewers/toothpicks and they look great.

I will add that I'd be nervous to add a filling then stick the cupcake on a toothpick; I would think it to be just too unstable? But, if you used the plastic cup method I think it would be fine?

Michelle104 Posted 2 Dec 2008 , 6:27pm
post #8 of 12

I think that I'm going to try to come up with some sort of rigged thing that may be a combination of the two....the cups and skewers. Maybe hot glue a skewer onto a really short-sided cup that the cuppie just fits into. Then it could be more like an arrangement but still have the stability of the cups. What do you think? Hopefully I'll try later on this week. I would like to give these as teachers' gifts at the girls' school this year. Cheaper and much more personal! icon_lol.gif

mixinvixen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mixinvixen Posted 2 Dec 2008 , 6:55pm
post #9 of 12

i posted a tutorial not too long ago that several people have had success with...

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-600270-cupcake.html+tutorial

CakesByLJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesByLJ Posted 2 Dec 2008 , 10:35pm
post #10 of 12

I have a cupcake topiary in my photos, but this is how it basically goes together.... hth
LL

Michelle104 Posted 3 Dec 2008 , 1:58am
post #11 of 12

Thanks for your responses! I'm excited to try this!!! I have some little Christmas buckets that I got in the dollar bins at Target that will be so cute for this. I may try it with the mini ones though, just because they appear to be a little smaller than the buckets that you used mixinvixin. The topiary is cute too! I'll let you know how it goes! Thanks again! icon_lol.gif

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 28 Jul 2011 , 6:31pm
post #12 of 12

CakesbyLJ...you can just glue those cups together and forgo the foam ball...much cheaper that way!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%