Varnish, Glaze, Etc.?

Decorating By dmich Updated 1 Dec 2008 , 10:23am by bashini

dmich Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dmich Posted 1 Dec 2008 , 4:30am
post #1 of 2


Could someone please tell me what confectioner's varnish or glaze is and what you use it for? Also, where do you buy it?


1 reply
bashini Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bashini Posted 1 Dec 2008 , 10:23am
post #2 of 2

Hi, I use confectioner's glaze to mix it with lustre dust and paint with a brush on little models that I make. For example, to get the gold colour or silver, its perfect. Also you can use the mixture of glaze and dust to paint on your fondant. Here is a link for you to see.

Crawl down to see the picture. If you are using it, make sure you have the glaze cleaner too.

You should be able to buy it from your local cake decorating shop.


Quote by @%username% on %date%