Ideas???

Decorating By lkoenig07 Updated 1 Dec 2008 , 1:35pm by lkoenig07

lkoenig07 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lkoenig07 Posted 30 Nov 2008 , 2:22pm
post #1 of 6

These are the napkins & invites for my twins' 1st birthday party. I'm going with a jungle animal/safari theme. I have a boy & a girl. I'm making the cake & I have a ton of ideas for it, and can't just pick one. So I thought I'd post & see what all of you come up with. Thanks!
LL

5 replies
bakingpw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakingpw Posted 30 Nov 2008 , 3:44pm
post #2 of 6

How about using the animals on the paper goods as patterns for chocolate transfers? You could make the chocolate transfers ahead of time, ice the cake, and add the transfers around the sides of the cake ~ not on top. Then write on top. Chocolate transfers are EASY to do. Email for instructions if you don't know: [email protected]

mommicakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommicakes Posted 30 Nov 2008 , 7:51pm
post #3 of 6

I made a cake with just these animals for my great-nephew, check in my photos and you will find it, I even made a small smash cake for him to match. it was pretty fun, I made them all individually a FBCT.

donna

deetmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
deetmar Posted 1 Dec 2008 , 4:35am
post #4 of 6

I did a cake for a first birthday made from these. I did blocks with the animals as CT's. I used pink electric colors becasue she was a girl, plus made a small block for the smash cake. Sorry I don't have it in my photos.

stephaniescakenj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stephaniescakenj Posted 1 Dec 2008 , 4:47am
post #5 of 6

I have always LOVED this cake by paolacaracas, haven't had a chance to do something similar yet but I think if you used the colors on the invitations and created some of the animals out of fondant, it would be adorable.
LL

lkoenig07 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lkoenig07 Posted 1 Dec 2008 , 1:35pm
post #6 of 6

Thanks all! I have that last picture in my favorites - I love it!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%