What Am I Doing Wrong With My New Kitchenaid?

Decorating By calebsmom45 Updated 10 Dec 2008 , 7:11pm by Rosie2

terrier Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
terrier Posted 29 Nov 2008 , 11:38pm
post #31 of 35

Take a look at the baseball mit and ball in this site. It just looks like a small round pan for the mit and a cupcake top for the ball...it's cute.
http://www.azcakes.com/sports/

Sorry I could not be more help. Oh Oh you got just put two cupcake tops together.

Cheers,
ally

terrier Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
terrier Posted 29 Nov 2008 , 11:39pm
post #32 of 35

sorry this was for another post icon_redface.gif

Rosie2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rosie2 Posted 10 Dec 2008 , 4:45pm
post #33 of 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathyTW

One word of warning.....don't over-adjust your KA so that the flat mixer blade hits the bottom of the bowl otherwise you'll rub the coating off the blade and then it will be un-usable --- I know this from experience!!!!

(I know it's a pain but you really have to stop and scrape the bowl instead of letting the blade do it!)

Kathy, quick question for you....I don't know why but all of a sudden my KA blade started hitting the bottom of the bowl (!!)...I never did any adjustments to it and it started doing that for no reason....any ideas on how to set it back to original?? I don't want to ruin the blade.
Thank you!

KathyTW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KathyTW Posted 10 Dec 2008 , 5:14pm
post #34 of 35

You can adjust it by turning the screw located in the neck of the mixer, it is only visible when the head is tilted up....if you have the original booklet that came with your mixer it has instructions on exactly how to do this. If you don't have the manual, you may be able to access it online on the kitchen aid website.

Mine also started doing this after about 2 years of use, maybe something to do with the vibrations after using it for awhile. icon_confused.gif

Kathy

Rosie2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rosie2 Posted 10 Dec 2008 , 7:11pm
post #35 of 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathyTW

You can adjust it by turning the screw located in the neck of the mixer, it is only visible when the head is tilted up....if you have the original booklet that came with your mixer it has instructions on exactly how to do this. If you don't have the manual, you may be able to access it online on the kitchen aid website.

Mine also started doing this after about 2 years of use, maybe something to do with the vibrations after using it for awhile. icon_confused.gif

Kathy

Thank you Kathy! I'v got my KA exactly a year ago and I only do cakes for fun icon_smile.gif... so, I really don't think that KA gets a 'lot' of use, you know what I mean? I do have the manual and I'm going to pull it tonight.
Thank you so much for your response. I really do love my KA, it makes everything easier and faster.
Thank you again!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%