Help!! "wedding Ring Cake"?????

Decorating By Somethin-Sweet Updated 5 Dec 2008 , 6:24pm by Somethin-Sweet

Somethin-Sweet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Somethin-Sweet Posted 20 Nov 2008 , 2:33am
post #1 of 6

Have an order for what the MOB called a "Wedding Ring Cake"........I am attaching pictures....this is a family tradition that this cake be made....She has all of the pans....says the board is a 42" round- so I am going to assume the finished cake is 36"..made up of 8 cakes total.....pans are 3 inches deep. I have no clue how many this will feed and neither does she...I plan to cover this entire cake in fondant (UGH!)....the bride says she wants something simple.....I have not seen the pans yet- any ideas anybody??
LL
LL
LL
LL

5 replies
Somethin-Sweet Posted 20 Nov 2008 , 10:41pm
post #2 of 6

Bump..........so jus spoke to MOB and she says each pan is 15 long by 6 wide and 3 deep.........they will not be double stacked- so I am maybe calculating the servings to be about 240? Each slice being 1 inch by 3 inch?...... Anybody else have any other ideas or suggestions? Thanks in advance.

7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
7yyrt Posted 27 Nov 2008 , 9:06am
post #3 of 6

I have never seen anything like these. I thought you would be posting about one of those interlocking ring cakes.
Try shooting indydebi a PM, she caters and is good at figuring out servings.

Wish I could be of more help.

Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 27 Nov 2008 , 12:56pm
post #4 of 6

cutting the circle into 2 rings --
outer ring will have circumference of about 113 inches -- so 110 1-inch wide slices to be safe
inner ring will have cricumference of about 103 inches -- so 100 slice to be safe.

110+100= 210 servings (approx.)

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 27 Nov 2008 , 1:15pm
post #5 of 6

Go with Doug's numbers.

And any time a bride says, "Just something simple......" it always sends a red flag up my pole that it's going to be anything BUT simple.

Cake civilians ..... aren't they just so cute to watch!

Somethin-Sweet Posted 5 Dec 2008 , 6:24pm
post #6 of 6

Thanks so much! Next- any ideas how in the heck to cover this entire thing in ONE piece of fondant? The only decorations she wants are pears around the top and bottom and maybe a few scattered.......... icon_cry.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%