Strange Request... I'm Looking For A "witch" Cake

Decorating By mvucic Updated 17 Aug 2005 , 2:22am by butrcup

mvucic Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mvucic Posted 15 Aug 2005 , 11:18pm
post #1 of 9

Hi Everyone!

Okay, so I remember seeing this cake on another cake message board, (I think icon_wink.gif, and I believe it was Australian based. Anyone know what I'm talking about? Send me a link... please!

(BTW, the witch cake was "smashed", crumbled cake with witch legs, arms sticking out and the hat sitting on top of the whole pile! Really cute!)

Thanks in advance!

8 replies
nernan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nernan Posted 16 Aug 2005 , 11:17am
post #2 of 9

I'd like to see that too, i have a witch mould on my wall i'd like to do, it would make a killer cake for halloween. photo attached
LL

meme Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
meme Posted 16 Aug 2005 , 12:01pm
post #3 of 9

That is hanging on your wall that would scare the crap out of me! LOL

TinTN Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TinTN Posted 16 Aug 2005 , 12:19pm
post #4 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by meme

That is hanging on your wall that would scare the crap out of me! LOL

hahahaha! I was thinking the same thing! icon_eek.gif

nernan Posted 16 Aug 2005 , 12:30pm
post #5 of 9

My house has witches all through it, and to think the wizard of oz scared the crap out of me as a kid.Go figure.The witch is hollow at the back so i'm thinking of a way to use it as a mould for fondant.

aunt-judy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aunt-judy Posted 16 Aug 2005 , 4:18pm
post #6 of 9

mvucic: the cake you describe sounds like the melting wicked witch of the west from the wizard of oz, and it sounds easy enough to do, especially with rolled fondant.

mvucic Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mvucic Posted 16 Aug 2005 , 4:22pm
post #7 of 9

I don't recall it having any fondant over it, but that would definitely work! Thanks! I didn't even think to use fondant.

It was a weird cake. The actual cake (or at least the top layer) was crumbled and formed into a mound and the stick feet and arms were poking out of the sides with the cake, and a hat sitting on top.

But I'm interested in that website anyhow. There were a lot of great cakes on it. It's similar to this website but I think it's based in Australia.

Mirjana

nernan Posted 17 Aug 2005 , 2:17am
post #8 of 9

I have looked but i cant find any Aus related cake message boards,maybe pm Auzzie i think her name is, shes great with things along those lines, she may know.

butrcup Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
butrcup Posted 17 Aug 2005 , 2:22am
post #9 of 9

meme, you're a riot!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%