Filling In Space

Baking By gizzmo Updated 18 Nov 2008 , 12:09pm by Joanne914

gizzmo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gizzmo Posted 15 Nov 2008 , 1:32am
post #1 of 3

Don't mean to mention any companys but does anyone know how "Cookies by Design" wraps that tissue paper ar cookies to make the package sooo neat. For the life of me I cant get it but I think if I seen pics it would help. Any thoughts? thanks in advance gizzmo

2 replies
yankeegal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yankeegal Posted 17 Nov 2008 , 2:35am
post #2 of 3

I don't use tissue but check this site out..Karen gives a nice tutorial on cookie bouquets and she uses tissue.

Joanne914 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Joanne914 Posted 18 Nov 2008 , 12:09pm
post #3 of 3

I've seen this done at the cake supply store that I used to work at. She would take a piece of tissue paper (size depends on how big your bouquet is) and it would be square shaped. Hold it over your fist with a small hole in your fist and push it gently into the "hole" Just like when you were a kid and made tissue paper flowers. The part that goes into the hole, pinkch together and twist and attach to a skewer, toothpick, depends on how high you want the tissue to appear. Just tape the squeezed portion of the tissue to the pick. Make a WHOLE BUNCH of these to surround your cookies in the bouquet. You can also use the clear, crunchy type of "tissue" (sorry, don't know the real name of it!) Best of luck, hope I explained this right!

Quote by @%username% on %date%