Picking A Bakery For My Shower Cake!!!

Decorating By lindambc Updated 14 Nov 2008 , 4:59pm by roxxxy_luvs_duff

lindambc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lindambc Posted 14 Nov 2008 , 3:32am
post #1 of 6

I have to confess that I never thought picking a bakery for my baby shower cake would be this difficult!! I would make it but the shower is 2 weeks before my due date and my kids like to come early! My sister is pretty much over the cake, she says its the only thing I get an opinion on, for the shower. So I have to pick soon!
I never had this problem until I started making cakes and now I am finicky.

We don't have any bakeries in town, except grocery stores and I am not ok with one of those cakes. So we are going 45 minutes away to get the cake.

Does anyone else have this problem?

Just had to share! Thanks for listening.

5 replies
KKC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KKC Posted 14 Nov 2008 , 4:18am
post #2 of 6

I had that problem before i started making cakes...for my son's 1st birthday i wanted an elaborate cake but the person that i thought made the best cakes taste wise her decorating skills were not that great and the other lady i was considering she decorated really well but her cakes tasted like cornbread. So i gave up and went to Publix.

stephaniescakenj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stephaniescakenj Posted 14 Nov 2008 , 4:29am
post #3 of 6

Oh I wish I lived near you. i would make it for you icon_biggrin.gif Pregnant ladies need good cake! I know from experience! Why don't you post in the forum and see if any of our members are near you. You could make it a contest, who wants to make my baby shower cake? Ya know instead of a who wants to be a millionaire... I know, my hubby says my humor is pretty lame, I'm well aware! enjoy the rest of your pregnancy!

lindambc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lindambc Posted 14 Nov 2008 , 4:16pm
post #4 of 6

You're humor isnt lame,he just doesnt get it! LOL. A while back I looked for CCers close to me and the closet is an hour or more. If I was closer to Sugar Shack, she is in LA, I would go to her. But that a couple hours and I don't think my DH wants to drive that on a Saturday morning!!!

If I had my choice I would definately use a CCer instead of a bakery.

uabcjgrad2006 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
uabcjgrad2006 Posted 14 Nov 2008 , 4:33pm
post #5 of 6

"LA" --doesn't happen to be "Lower Alabama" eh? HA HA... I like the "Who wants to bake my shower cake" idea!! too cute!

roxxxy_luvs_duff Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
roxxxy_luvs_duff Posted 14 Nov 2008 , 4:59pm
post #6 of 6

I am picky about cakes now that I have started making them. There are a couple people I trust to order from if I dont feel like making my cake and might think about ordering for my birthday. One was my Wilton teacher and she owns a bakery and I just love her cake and the frosting is even better! The other is a good friend. I have become sort of a cake snob because I wont eat grocery store cakes anymore.

Maybe this post will help you find someone close by thats from CC that might be willing to make the cake for you. If I was closer Id offer. I rarely get to make baby shower cakes.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%