Tutorial On 3D Turkeys

Baking By GeminiRJ Updated 28 Sep 2011 , 5:37pm by GeminiRJ

GeminiRJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GeminiRJ Posted 23 Oct 2009 , 5:30pm
post #31 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobwonderbuns

Well I've got the cutter set and it's well worth it! I have a couple of questions (which have probably already been addressed but I didn't see where...) First, do you have a pix on the assembly of the cookie? and Second, what icing did you use?

There isn't a picture of the assembly, just the finished product and written instructions on how to assemble. I use melted CandyMelts as my glue, and just dab a bit of it on the back and bottom of the marshmallow as well as the very bottom of the "body" cookie. Place towards the back of the base cookie and hold the pieces in place until the candy sets. It shouldn't take more than a couple seconds.

If you like using royal, you can decorate as well as "glue" the entire cookie with it, just like you would a gingerbread house.

ElectricCook Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ElectricCook Posted 25 Oct 2009 , 12:45am
post #32 of 41

I bought GeminiRJ's cookie cutters last year and used the cutter to make 3D turkey cookies. I also want to say that the instructions that came with the kit made it very easy to make the cookies.
Here is the link to my cookies

http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1289899

Mine don't look as nice as GeminiRJ's but my sons' class loved them. My son asked me to make them again this year for his new class.

I love GeminiRJ's cutters. I like the way the 3D comes out. I get great compliments on my cookies when I make them in 3D.

I am not very patient when it comes to uploading pictures so I tend to do them in batches.

GeminiRJ Posted 29 Oct 2009 , 11:28pm
post #33 of 41

Thanks for posting your photo, ElectricCook! I was telling some people about having seen the tails done with white icing, but couldn't remember who had done them. Now I know. And I think they came out beautifully!

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 24 Nov 2009 , 2:00pm
post #34 of 41

Finally made some, nothing like waiting until the last minute! I wound up dipping the bodies in a mixture of milk and white chocolate because I'm so impatient and thought I would cover all the cookies with that too but it was setting up too fast to do the feathers properly so I mixed up some royal for the cookies with the feathers and did the face in choc. w/ edible pearl eyes and used a sprinkle (fall leaves, cut kinda into a triangle) for the beak and red royal for the wattle.

I didn't feel like baking off all the round cookies in addition...so I just stuck them inside cupcake liners and adhered them to the bottom with a little melted choc. and then added shredded dyed coconut around them.
LL
LL

juleebug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
juleebug Posted 24 Nov 2009 , 2:09pm
post #35 of 41

How CUTE!!! Makes me wish I did cookies!

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 24 Nov 2009 , 8:22pm
post #36 of 41

Wow Gemini! Your turkey tutorial is awesome! We have missed you and all of your wonderful cookies!

Hope to see you again soon!

GeminiRJ Posted 25 Nov 2009 , 1:36pm
post #37 of 41

Tina, I love the way you displayed the cookies in the cupcake liners! Great idea. And thanks to cylstrial for the nice comments. I don't get the chance to go on-line very often at my new job, but I keep looking at CC whenever I can.

GeminiRJ Posted 15 Nov 2010 , 12:28pm
post #38 of 41

I was recently asked how to do these 3D cookies. I thought there might be some interest from the newer CC members who might not have seen this tutorial. These cookies are my favorite of my 3D series, and they are fairly simple and very fun to make!

Susan

msulli10 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msulli10 Posted 15 Nov 2010 , 12:45pm
post #39 of 41

Thanks for the tutorial!

MrsLev557 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsLev557 Posted 28 Nov 2010 , 6:15pm
post #40 of 41

Wish I saw this last week, will save for next year !!

GeminiRJ Posted 28 Sep 2011 , 5:37pm
post #41 of 41

While searching for a different post, I came across this one and thought I'd refresh it for anyone who hasn't seen it. I'm always asked to make these turkeys when it gets to be this time of year, and they are still one of my favorites.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%