I Need Ideas For A Monster Cake!

Decorating By calebsmom45 Updated 14 Nov 2008 , 2:51am by KrissieCakes

calebsmom45 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
calebsmom45 Posted 12 Nov 2008 , 11:03pm
post #1 of 12

Hi. I need some help. I am making just a small 6 maybe 8 inch round fondant covered cake for a little boy and he wants it to be about monsters. I have no idea what to do at all! I searched under monsters but did not see anything. Any help? I was thinking of maybe making some gumpaste monsters but I don't know how to decorate the cake...I am lost on this one! The cake is for Sunday so I need to start soon!

11 replies
antonia74 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
antonia74 Posted 12 Nov 2008 , 11:33pm
post #2 of 12

Go look at all the entries in the Halloween/Spooky Cake Contest on here. There's 10 pages of inspiration in there! icon_smile.gif

calebsmom45 Posted 13 Nov 2008 , 1:16am
post #3 of 12

I looked there too but I don't think he wants monster like that, more like or at least I was thinking purple, green, yellow monster, maybe a little more kiddie if that makes sense. Thanks, I will check it out again. Anyone else?

Kairiboo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kairiboo Posted 13 Nov 2008 , 1:31am
post #4 of 12

What about going to the Good ol' Disney/Pixar movie "Monsters inc" for some inspiration? Could make the top tier a bed type and have the monsters underneath living there? (but we don't want to tramatize anyone either do we? lol) But if nothing else you can probably get some good 'monster' ideas from the movie?

KidMcWonder Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KidMcWonder Posted 13 Nov 2008 , 1:39am
post #5 of 12

Jim Henson had some really cool, creepy-yet-still-kid-friendly monster muppets...you might want to try a Google image search of his stuff...

cakebaker1978 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakebaker1978 Posted 13 Nov 2008 , 1:46am
post #6 of 12

ok, when I read this thread I pictured a "monster" bed. It is hard to explain what I am picturing so I went looking on the net. I found something like I was picturing in my head on webkinz world!! haha. I will attach it....basically this idea but you could tweak it! Make the bed...the monster!! Just an idea! haha. Good luck!!!
LL

calebsmom45 Posted 13 Nov 2008 , 1:52am
post #7 of 12

Thanks! These are all really good ideas! I have no imagination apparently! I am going to talk to his mom and see what she thinks! Keep the ideas coming! Yay

cakebaker1978 Posted 13 Nov 2008 , 2:43am
post #8 of 12

Here is another kid friendly kind of monster I found right here on CC. It was done by lambeez.com SO cute!!!!
LL

KrissieCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KrissieCakes Posted 13 Nov 2008 , 2:52am
post #9 of 12

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1287138

This cake was posted today by zoey2jack and is awesome!!!

cakebaker1978 Posted 13 Nov 2008 , 7:32am
post #10 of 12

WOW, that is soooooooo cute!!!! I love it!!!!! thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

calebsmom45 Posted 14 Nov 2008 , 2:37am
post #11 of 12

That has got to be the cutest cake ever. That is exactly the kind of monster I was picturing in my head. I am def. going with something like that! Now to incorporate the flames that he told me he wanted on the cake today......any more ideas? I don't want the nine year olds cake to look like a scene from some movie entitled "Monsters burning in hell".

KrissieCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KrissieCakes Posted 14 Nov 2008 , 2:51am
post #12 of 12

Maybe flames on the 9, or the guitar, or a monster's hair could be flames?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%