Baby Block Cake- Help Identifying Tips/ And Icing Help

Decorating By cakesbysweetness Updated 6 Nov 2008 , 6:03pm by panchanewjersey

cakesbysweetness Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbysweetness Posted 6 Nov 2008 , 4:33pm
post #1 of 6

Help! I want to do this cake and I need a little direction! I need to know what tips she used and .....suggestions for the buttercream icing on a chocolate cake.....Obviously the icing needs to be green so you cant add cocoa to it..what do I do, so it tastes good with a chocolate cake?
LL

5 replies
dragonflydreams Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dragonflydreams Posted 6 Nov 2008 , 4:56pm
post #2 of 6

. . . chocolate cake goes with many flavors . . . I would probably do cream cheese icing (for my personal tastes) . . . but you could use orange, cherry, or strawberry (especially if you use a filling that matches your icing choice) . . . and there is nothing wrong with just doing a buttercream icing with a chocolate cake either . . . thumbs_up.gif . . . and you could still use a filling with your buttercream icing (you don't have to flavor your icing to match the filling) . . . HTH

cakesbysweetness Posted 6 Nov 2008 , 5:16pm
post #3 of 6

I found a white chocolate cream cheesing icing, would that be good on chocolate cake or too much? i am assuming you can add the green color to this and just cream cheese icing, right ?... I found a recipe on here for both. I know these may be dumb questions...but I am NEW icon_wink.gif

Also I have never decorated with CC is it similiar to BC.....

simplysweet72740 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
simplysweet72740 Posted 6 Nov 2008 , 5:27pm
post #4 of 6

it looks like the borders may be a #12 tip.

cakesbysweetness Posted 6 Nov 2008 , 5:42pm
post #5 of 6

OM Goodness! I am new to all this and do cakes from my home....I have done only a handful for friends/family and referrals. This whole licensing thing is scaring the crap out of me! icon_eek.gif
Whoooo I cant even think straight now after reading some of the posts! I am not scared to continue but some of the stories are terrible! I definately will go the legal route if I start getting a TON of requests! However friends and family are okay on my end AT THIS TIME!

panchanewjersey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
panchanewjersey Posted 6 Nov 2008 , 6:03pm
post #6 of 6

I would say anything goes good with chocolate, but keep it simple and stay with vanilla color green of course. BUt you can also look up some recipes on this site for different buttercream variations, all it take is some extract for flavor.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%