Bratz Head

Decorating By Aster Updated 15 Jan 2007 , 10:43am by doobsd

Aster Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Aster Posted 13 Jan 2007 , 6:08am
post #1 of 8

I have an order for a Bratz head! I have no idea how to give the illusion of a neck. I just have cake and BC. Any ideas? The only heads I have ever made are cookie monsters and stuff like that. Thanks.

7 replies
sweet_as_tisse Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweet_as_tisse Posted 13 Jan 2007 , 8:02am
post #2 of 8

Hi Aster

i have two cakes in my pic's of bratz heads, both were covered in bc, i used soft licorise to outline, fondant for the face and piping gel to color in the eyes and mouth...

kylie

Aster Posted 13 Jan 2007 , 5:58pm
post #3 of 8

Thanks I like the piping gel idea. I need to do it in 3D though.

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 13 Jan 2007 , 6:12pm
post #4 of 8

what about doing a bratz girl along the lines of one of the superman cakes??? It's quite a bit of cake even though the head is styrofoam......but it would give you some room to give her an ultra cool shirt with glitter etc. maybe even write DIVA or something on the front of it??? You could do all sorts of things with fondant hair and hair accesories etc. might work.......I used like 2 ten inch cakes cut in half and 2 - eight inch cakes stacked in the center..........that's a lot of cake!! But it would be life sized!

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=coppermine&file=displayimage&meta=allby&uname=KHalstead&cat=0&pos=28

Aster Posted 14 Jan 2007 , 6:28am
post #5 of 8

That would be really cool. I bet it would be a lot of fun too. I just have BC though. icon_sad.gif

doobsd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
doobsd Posted 14 Jan 2007 , 9:01am
post #6 of 8

I have done Chloe and Jade heaps of times and the easiest way I found was to just to the FBCT. Very very very easy then once I have placed the transfer on the cake I add a little dimension but plumming the lips of adding to the hair I have posted photos of Chloe and all I had was BC. Hope this helps good luck!!

Aster Posted 14 Jan 2007 , 3:39pm
post #7 of 8

I have never done a FBCT but I really want to. It looks like you have it down really well. The customer wants it 3D like your Humpty Dumpty cake. What a pain!

doobsd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
doobsd Posted 15 Jan 2007 , 10:43am
post #8 of 8

Humpty was really easy!! Two madiera cakes side by side (from the shop) then I just sorta moulded white icing and then handpainted it did a bit of research on what he should look like and took it from there.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%