Another Tutorial!!!

Decorating By tonedna Updated 3 Nov 2008 , 7:30pm by alvarezmom

SharonK1973 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SharonK1973 Posted 1 Nov 2008 , 4:51am
post #31 of 50

Edna...
your topsy turvey cakes are sooooo lovely. A tutorial on one of those would be more than AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! icon_biggrin.gif

adunfag Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adunfag Posted 1 Nov 2008 , 4:52am
post #32 of 50

I love your tutorials. I have all of them saved on YouTube. Thank you for taking the time to generously share your talents.

tonedna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonedna Posted 1 Nov 2008 , 4:58am
post #33 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by SharonK1973

Edna...
your topsy turvey cakes are sooooo lovely. A tutorial on one of those would be more than AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! icon_biggrin.gif

icon_surprised.gificon_eek.gif I need hours for that one!..lol

SharonK1973 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SharonK1973 Posted 1 Nov 2008 , 5:04am
post #34 of 50

That is not a problem. We have hours and hours and hours... icon_wink.gif LOL

all4cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
all4cake Posted 1 Nov 2008 , 6:06am
post #35 of 50

Edna, you are an endless source of great information and inspiration! Thank you for sharing another super duper tutorial!!!

AKA_cupcakeshoppe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AKA_cupcakeshoppe Posted 1 Nov 2008 , 7:44am
post #36 of 50

i love your watching your videos. you're very pretty and you teach well. icon_smile.gif

tonedna Posted 1 Nov 2008 , 1:59pm
post #37 of 50

thanks...this is a wonderful comunity..is great to be able to share some knowledge..
Edna icon_biggrin.gif

Molly2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Molly2 Posted 1 Nov 2008 , 2:12pm
post #38 of 50

Thank You Edna I love it

Molly

Jocmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jocmom Posted 1 Nov 2008 , 2:23pm
post #39 of 50

Cool! Thanks so much for sharing! thumbs_up.gif

glendaleAZ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
glendaleAZ Posted 2 Nov 2008 , 6:19am
post #40 of 50

Hi Edna,

Iâm new to CC, but I wanted to âsecondâ SharonK1973 request for a tutorial on Topsy Turvey cakes. Iâm planning to enter the Arizonaâs Annual Cake & Sugar Show (Feb 2009), and my design for the cake is in the Topsy Turvey style.

A side note:
When Iâm at work, I always try to share any new information I find with my team members in hopes it will make their job easier, thus making them look good with the Manager. Iâm very confused by people who keep this type of knowledge from others. It seems to me that they think they will loose status by sharing helpful information. Iâm so happy that you are not this type of person. Iâm glad that you see that by sharing your knowledge and skill with others you have gained so much more than mere status. Youâve gained devoted fans of your work, and people who truly look up to you for your talent and skill. (I have to say that Iâm one of them) I know that this sound a little mushy, but I just wanted to say thanks for not keeping this knowledge a secret, and for giving us all a chance to be exceptional cake decorators.

Tammy

erikamj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
erikamj Posted 2 Nov 2008 , 6:33am
post #41 of 50

Thanks Edna. That is another awesome tutorial!

tonedna Posted 2 Nov 2008 , 6:48am
post #42 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by glendaleAZ

Hi Edna,

Iâm new to CC, but I wanted to âsecondâ SharonK1973 request for a tutorial on Topsy Turvey cakes. Iâm planning to enter the Arizonaâs Annual Cake & Sugar Show (Feb 2009), and my design for the cake is in the Topsy Turvey style.

A side note:
When Iâm at work, I always try to share any new information I find with my team members in hopes it will make their job easier, thus making them look good with the Manager. Iâm very confused by people who keep this type of knowledge from others. It seems to me that they think they will loose status by sharing helpful information. Iâm so happy that you are not this type of person. Iâm glad that you see that by sharing your knowledge and skill with others you have gained so much more than mere status. Youâve gained devoted fans of your work, and people who truly look up to you for your talent and skill. (I have to say that Iâm one of them) I know that this sound a little mushy, but I just wanted to say thanks for not keeping this knowledge a secret, and for giving us all a chance to be exceptional cake decorators.

Tammy

Mushy or not it is a wonderful complement that I appreciate..Thanks for writing such wonderful words. Things like this is what makes me feel what I do is right..
Edna icon_smile.gif

BlueDevil Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BlueDevil Posted 2 Nov 2008 , 4:56pm
post #43 of 50

Edna is da bomb!

tonedna Posted 2 Nov 2008 , 4:57pm
post #44 of 50

Hi blue...haven't seen you for a long time!
Edna icon_lol.gif

BlueDevil Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BlueDevil Posted 2 Nov 2008 , 5:00pm
post #45 of 50

Edna,

I just got an internship at Fiona's Cakes here in MD. I will be doing gumpaste flowers for her wedding cakes! She has been buying the mass-produced stuff but likes mine better!

There will be so much to learn, and I come cheap (free, in fact).

To bad you are so far away in FL, or I would intern for you...

E

tonedna Posted 2 Nov 2008 , 5:02pm
post #46 of 50

lol..that is sweet!...Gumpaste flowers are so much fun..You are in for a lot of work!..Good luck..let me know how it goes..
Edna icon_biggrin.gif

sarahokie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sarahokie Posted 3 Nov 2008 , 2:44am
post #47 of 50

Thank you so much for posting all of your tutorials. I've learned more from your videos (and spending countless hours on CC) than I learned in my wilton classes.

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 3 Nov 2008 , 4:50pm
post #48 of 50

Thank you so much!! That is awesome!!!

tonedna Posted 3 Nov 2008 , 4:52pm
post #49 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahokie

Thank you so much for posting all of your tutorials. I've learned more from your videos (and spending countless hours on CC) than I learned in my wilton classes.

I am a Wilton teacher too..I guess it depends on the years of experience they have.. I am glad you have learned so much. The key to the Wilton classes is basically to understand they are a jumpstart to a world of cake decorating. That's how I started too.
Edna thumbs_up.gif

alvarezmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alvarezmom Posted 3 Nov 2008 , 7:30pm
post #50 of 50

Thanks for the wonderful tutorial! You make the bows look so easy...I'm going home and trying this method out tonight!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%