Rkt Help

Decorating By joylisa08 Updated 27 Oct 2008 , 3:23pm by luelue1971

joylisa08 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
joylisa08 Posted 27 Oct 2008 , 12:23am
post #1 of 8

I need some help from you wonderful people. I have a sponge bob cake to do for yhis coming up weekend. I would like to know how I would go about making sponge bobs house out of rkts. Any suggestions would be great.
TIA-

Joy icon_cool.gif

7 replies
Malakin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Malakin Posted 27 Oct 2008 , 1:45am
post #2 of 8

Just mold it while it is still warm. I shaped mine into a pineapple in my pics, but mine I carved out of cake. I have done RKT with the top of my mushroom house and shaped it with a bowl.

joylisa08 Posted 27 Oct 2008 , 11:22am
post #3 of 8

Great thanks. but a few more questions. Once I put it in my mold how long does it need to stay in the mold. And does it go in the frig or freezer in or out of the mold. And last questionos how do you get the lines on the pineapple. I will be covering the rkys with satin ice.

TIA-

Joy

luelue1971 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luelue1971 Posted 27 Oct 2008 , 12:39pm
post #4 of 8

I make my pineapple house out of RKT 2 or 3 days ahead so it can get hard. I use MMF to cover the pineapple. I then use a diamond shaped cutter to make the lines and then stain the entire pineapple with vanilla and brown coloring mixed.

I found that for me the purchased RKT work better than homeade ones.

joylisa08 Posted 27 Oct 2008 , 1:04pm
post #5 of 8

So I can leave it in the mold for a day or so til it hardens? Then cover with fondant, right? No need to put it in the frig/frezzer? Thank you all for your help. This my first time trying rkts. I hope it turns out ok.

TIA-
Joy

luelue1971 Posted 27 Oct 2008 , 1:34pm
post #6 of 8

I would think so. The ones I have done I just shaped with my hands. You can see them in my pictures.

I would just grease the mold very well. No they don't need to be refridgerated.

joylisa08 Posted 27 Oct 2008 , 3:19pm
post #7 of 8

Thank you very much for all of your help. Now I just need to find a template for the leaves on top of the pineapple. Anyone have any ideas?

TIA-

Joy

luelue1971 Posted 27 Oct 2008 , 3:23pm
post #8 of 8

i just piped Royal Icing out on wax paper a few days ahead using the leaf tip. Make extra for breakage.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%