Stuck

Decorating By lkoenig07 Updated 25 Oct 2008 , 7:23pm by lilyanddayne

lkoenig07 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lkoenig07 Posted 24 Oct 2008 , 6:53pm
post #1 of 8

Ok, I'm stuck. I'm trying to come up with the perfect cake for my twins' 1st birthday. I'd LOVE to do a jungle theme cake, but can't find any sort of video or tutorial that shows how to make the animals (even on You Tube!). So now, I'm playing around with the idea of doing a farm cake instead, but it seem more boyish. I have a girl & a boy. Any ideas?! Thanks!

7 replies
antonia74 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
antonia74 Posted 25 Oct 2008 , 2:43am
post #2 of 8

Just ice cookies to look like the animals. (I'm not really good at making figures, so this route was faster & tastier!)

Some people even do them as chocolate transfers, really cute too.
LL
LL

calynmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
calynmom Posted 25 Oct 2008 , 2:47am
post #3 of 8

I'm not sure of the animals either. Maybe someone that done them here can help. A jungle theme would be great.

I can see 2 little monkeys swinging from trees.

Good luck !!!!

MacsMom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MacsMom Posted 25 Oct 2008 , 2:56am
post #4 of 8

Animals really aren't so hard to do. A ball of fondant for the body, another for the head, a few rolled pieces for the legs...

I did a brother/sister cake with two monkeys on top...
http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo_1248989.html

Somethin-Sweet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Somethin-Sweet Posted 25 Oct 2008 , 3:12am
post #5 of 8

Take a look at the picture in my photos named Landry. These animals I hand molded out of a 50/50 gumpaste / fondant mixture. I used white- and painted them with Vodka/gel paste, once they were dry. Then, attached them to the cake using royal icing.........Much easier to do this way rather than color che gumpaste first. Good Luck!

cakebaker1978 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakebaker1978 Posted 25 Oct 2008 , 3:38am
post #6 of 8

Here are a few animal tutorials I found......

lkoenig07 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lkoenig07 Posted 25 Oct 2008 , 3:25pm
post #7 of 8

thank you cakebaker icon_smile.gif the monkey idea (2 monkeys) is very cute!!! might do that. thanx all!

lilyanddayne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lilyanddayne Posted 25 Oct 2008 , 7:23pm
post #8 of 8

I have both of these cakes in my photos, both for first bdays. The animals weren't hard to make, just fondant and looking at the gallery for ideas.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%