For Piping On Fondant Covered Cake...

Decorating By MaxTRexmom Updated 20 Oct 2008 , 5:49pm by cakehelp

MaxTRexmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MaxTRexmom Posted 20 Oct 2008 , 5:41pm
post #1 of 4

should I use Buttercream or Royal Icing?

3 replies
soccermom17 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
soccermom17 Posted 20 Oct 2008 , 5:46pm
post #2 of 4

I think either would work. Royal is harden, so if you want to paint on it,
this is the good. Buttercream, make sure it isn't too stiff.
Personally, I've used royal.

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 20 Oct 2008 , 5:47pm
post #3 of 4

You could use either one. I haven't tried royal icing on fondant..but I was happy with the buttercream! Goodluck!

cakehelp Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakehelp Posted 20 Oct 2008 , 5:49pm
post #4 of 4

Either one will work fine. I usually use RI on my cakes because it dries hard and I don't have to worry about it being damaged if I bump into it or something. If you have a lot of piping, lots of grass or something, bc might be better since it's softer, better when you eat it.
Good luck on your cake!

Quote by @%username% on %date%