Our Website

Business By Sweet_Guys Updated 20 Nov 2008 , 2:55am by JenWhitlock

Sweet_Guys Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sweet_Guys Posted 20 Nov 2008 , 1:59am
post #61 of 63

We're not sure how to fix that, Juds. On one computer it looks fine, while on another it doesn't. We just don't get it.

Paul & Peter

KathyTW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KathyTW Posted 20 Nov 2008 , 2:14am
post #62 of 63

Paul & Peter,

It all depends on the computer monitor size that is viewing the page....like right now on my laptop the CC website is nice and not overlapping....when I view it on my desktop (smaller monitor) the side bars are so close to the center section sometimes they cover each other up.....

You need to set your page width to about 720 which is good for a small monitor size....when the pages are viewed on a wider screen it will just appear to have more space around the sides (in most instances). Give it a try and then ask one of the folks that was having trouble viewing it to see how it looks to them.

I hope this helps.

Kathy

JenWhitlock Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JenWhitlock Posted 20 Nov 2008 , 2:55am
post #63 of 63

I write my own site too (it's my second hobby now, after cakes icon_lol.gif )

I didn't see your original site, but I have a few more comments, if that's ok?
hope so.
here goes.

first, please edit your 'title' tags so that the title that shows up in the window header bar is more decriptive (i.e. not "Home" better "Sweet Guys ...creating sweets from scratch"

on the photo thing, you've gotten a lot of great advise. my advise would be... if you have photos that need help, use a photo editor. it would be great if you lighten some of your photos.

for the background, I love the pinks and cranberry colors, and I love the swirls! but, yeah there's a but, I still find it difficult to look at the black words on that bight pink. could you push that vibrant color to the top and sides? (e.g. the Lowes.com webpage, or the shutterfly personal pages)

finally, for your thumbnail images.... can you tighten the image, i.e. crop it more? I want to be drawn into clicking the images more.

you know, I wish I could add voice tone to my comments. please take them as they are intended - for help. sometimes I find it hard to know what direction to go and I have trouble looking at my stuff objectively.

feel free to return the critism of my site
(I don't get much feedback, so whatever you have to say is good stuff)
http://www.posh-pastries.com

good luck! thumbs_up.gif
trust me I know how much work it is.
I'm way behind on my page too.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%