Duff Opening A Second Shop In Hollywood?

Business By littlecake Updated 18 Oct 2008 , 8:03am by SugarFrosted

littlecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
littlecake Posted 17 Oct 2008 , 11:56am
post #1 of 10

wow, i wonder how hard it will be to find a second staff of talented people?

i bet he's interning them now!

9 replies
cakelady15 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakelady15 Posted 17 Oct 2008 , 12:18pm
post #2 of 10

I wonder if they will feature the people from the second shop on Ace of Cakes? Any idea when he's opening it?

kr1970 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kr1970 Posted 17 Oct 2008 , 12:32pm
post #3 of 10

i'm an Ace junkie- i wish they would open one in Dallas!

littlecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
littlecake Posted 17 Oct 2008 , 12:32pm
post #4 of 10

i dunno...on the last show, they were running around looking at property....on was next to a strip club....

that woulda made an interesting reality show....of course they didn't want that one...ha ha.

Sweet_Guys Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sweet_Guys Posted 17 Oct 2008 , 10:46pm
post #5 of 10

At first it sounded like he was going to open a second shop; however, it sounds like he is moving to the west coast and that they're going with him. At the end, Mary Alice said she'd have to by more summery type clothes.

He also talked about people were saying he was selling out and that if it meant increasing his exposure he guesses he is selling out.

I took all of that to mean he's selling the Baltimore property and moving out to California.

Did anyone else get that impression?

Paul (& Peter)

Beckalita Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Beckalita Posted 17 Oct 2008 , 11:52pm
post #6 of 10

Yep, that's the impression I got as well.........

ncdessertdiva Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ncdessertdiva Posted 18 Oct 2008 , 2:38am
post #7 of 10

I sent him an email asking him to clarify because it was confusing on the show. No response yet. . . I'll keep you posted. I was confused as well.
Leslie

sayhellojana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sayhellojana Posted 18 Oct 2008 , 2:50am
post #8 of 10

I didn't get the impression that they were closing the Baltimore bakery. Sounded more like he was looking to buy expensive property for a new shop, hence the "2-4 mil risk" he described.
I would really be disappointed to see a Charm City Cakes in LA. LA is, in my opinion, overly-trendy and I just see it being a fad for a while.

aimers Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aimers Posted 18 Oct 2008 , 3:04am
post #9 of 10

When he was in CA awe ask couple months ago someone from the audience asked about the rumor of an LA shop. He said If they did open it would one it would be a second shop. I asked if they are bring all the Staff from MD and he stated that he would staff it with some current employees and will hire from here too. I would love to find out how to interview for a position... my only hesitation would be that they would probably film there too.

SugarFrosted Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarFrosted Posted 18 Oct 2008 , 8:03am
post #10 of 10

Considering all the movie premiere cakes they have done lately, no doubt they would be kept busy. And they wouldn't have to drive/fly cross country to make it happen, like they did with Harry Pottter and Kung Fu Panda. I bet they could give those awful Cake Divas a run for their money, too!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%