Question About Marshmallow Fondant For Cookies ...

Decorating By Kookiefool Updated 15 Oct 2008 , 8:30pm by cylstrial

Kookiefool Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kookiefool Posted 15 Oct 2008 , 4:47pm
post #1 of 6

I am considering using marshmallow fondant to cover pumpkin shaped cookies and glueing them on with corn syrup.

My question is if this type of icing is firm enough to keep its shape without getting smooshed, or pushed off the cookie, or the like if the cookies are individually wrapped and stacked.

I was asked to make these for a benefit to be sold, so there will be some light handling and traveling involved.

Do I have to leave the cookies to dry if using the MMF and if so, how long?

Any other suggestions or tips would be greatly appreciated, as this is my first time using MMF.

Thank you!

5 replies
fem128 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fem128 Posted 15 Oct 2008 , 6:22pm
post #2 of 6

I have used MMF on cookies before. I just like to let them sit out for a couple of hours so it dries/firms up a bit. I have packaged and carefully stacked them without any problems.

iluvjay829 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
iluvjay829 Posted 15 Oct 2008 , 6:29pm
post #3 of 6

You don't have to use corn syrup at all. Use the same cookie cutter you used for the cookies to cut out the mmf while the cookies are baking. When they are fresh out of the over, put the mmf cutout right onto the cookie. The heat will melt it just a little and adhere them. I let mine dry overnight, and no problem wrapping or stacking. Have fun!

Kookiefool Posted 15 Oct 2008 , 6:49pm
post #4 of 6

Thank you so much for your help!

I had heard about putting them right on the hot cookies, but because of time constraints, the fact I'm making many different kinds, and because I started baking the cookies before deciding on how to ice them, most of the pumpkins are already baked and cooled.

I hope the corn syrup solution will work as well.

I hope all the cookies I'm making come out nice. I'm taking a chance on donig some techniques I've never tried before.

I'm making the peanut butter jack o'lantersn, gingerbread mummies, chocolate black cats, chocolate nutty bats, sugar cookie ghosts, skulls with blackheads (chocolate chips), as well as pumpkin and banana whoopie pies with cream cheese filling, all having to be ready by Friday.

Then on Halloween I'll dress as an inmate at an institution because I'll already have the outfit. icon_smile.gif

Kookiefool Posted 15 Oct 2008 , 6:52pm
post #5 of 6

Oh, and I forgot! Orange Chocolate marble cookies, which is what I needed the information on the glaze for.

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 15 Oct 2008 , 8:30pm
post #6 of 6

Good tip about the heat helping the fondant to stick! I like that...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%