Did You See On Martha This Morning

Decorating By simplysweet72740 Updated 17 Oct 2008 , 3:48am by Deniro

simplysweet72740 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
simplysweet72740 Posted 15 Oct 2008 , 4:24pm
post #1 of 3

She made Emeril a rice krispy treat cake. It was so cute. I rarly get to watch her, but she said they were going to show how to make it in a future show. If I happen to miss it someone should make it and post the directions. just wanted to let you all know!!!

2 replies
cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 16 Oct 2008 , 2:18am
post #2 of 3

Oh, I didn't see it. Somebody out there.. help us!!

Deniro Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deniro Posted 17 Oct 2008 , 3:48am
post #3 of 3

Makes one 8-inch, 2-layer cake; serves 8
Vegetable-oil cooking spray
Crispy Cake Basic Recipe
Chocolate-Marshmallow Frosting
Flower- and ball-shaped cereal pieces
Directions
Coat two 8-by-2-inch round cake pans with cooking spray. Prepare crisp-rice mixture; before pouring into pan, reserve 2 tablespoons for patching cake, and set aside, covered. Divide remaining crisp-rice mixture among prepared cake pans. Press into pans with greased fingers to level. Let cool until set, at least 30 minutes.
Run a knife around edges of cakes to loosen; unmold onto parchment paper.
While frosting is still warm, pour onto center of 1 cake layer, and spread evenly to edges. Let stand 10 minutes. Place second cake layer on top; press down gently. Using reserved pieces of crisp-rice mixture, patch edges where frosting is visible.
Decorate with cereal, arranging pieces around top,middle, and bottom edges. Let cake stand until firm enough to slice, at least 30 minutes or up to 2 hours. After 2 hours, wrap cake in plastic wrap to prevent it from getting too hard to slice.

I hope this is it!! There's a picture of it on www.marthastewart.com

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%