Please Help With Wiltons Tailored Teirs Display Set

Decorating By NEWTODECORATING Updated 11 Oct 2008 , 12:14am by NEWTODECORATING

NEWTODECORATING Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NEWTODECORATING Posted 10 Oct 2008 , 9:51pm
post #1 of 10

Hello I have purchased Wiltons Tailored Teirs display set and it did not come with instructions. My guess is that it is a simple set up with dowels under the plates, using a top plate and a bottom cake board. Am I correct or is there something I am missing. This is the one you can put pictures on or leave plain and have a swirled design on the sides.

Thanks everyone

9 replies
NEWTODECORATING Posted 10 Oct 2008 , 11:20pm
post #2 of 10

This is the one I need help with

http://www.wilton.com/store/site/product.cfm?sku=304-8174

Should each cake be on its own board and the separator sit on the round that came with the set?

all4cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
all4cake Posted 10 Oct 2008 , 11:44pm
post #3 of 10
paulstonia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
paulstonia Posted 10 Oct 2008 , 11:45pm
post #4 of 10

Yes, the cake sits on the plate and the plate has little prongs on the bottom side that bite into the foam round that goes underneath it. So it goes base cake, foam round, plate, cake, foam round, plate, cake. hope this helps....

saj_stuff Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
saj_stuff Posted 10 Oct 2008 , 11:45pm
post #5 of 10

I iced and decorated the cakes directly on the cake plates they provided. It was for my neighbor though and new they would be returned no problem. I have the cake on my website if you are interested. It was a LONG time ago...in my earlier days of cake decorating so please dont' look too hard at it. icon_smile.gif Holler if I can help in any way. Happy baking!

saj_stuff Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
saj_stuff Posted 10 Oct 2008 , 11:47pm
post #6 of 10

Oh..meant to say I have the instructions if you want me to scan and email them to you. It may take me a day or two seeing as how I have THREE cakes for tomorrow...but I WILL get to it if you need it!

Thanks!
Stacey

cas17 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cas17 Posted 10 Oct 2008 , 11:48pm
post #7 of 10

sorry i can't help you with your question but your link to wilton says "Ice 2-layer cakes smooth and prepare for Tailored Tiers Construction following *directions from set*" in the instructions to make one of their cakes. therefore, if these were not included in your kit i'd contact them to see how you can receive them. maybe they can fax/email/or snail mail them to you.

all4cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
all4cake Posted 10 Oct 2008 , 11:55pm
post #8 of 10

I am sorry...there was a dying link on that link that I gave you...

NEWTODECORATING Posted 11 Oct 2008 , 12:05am
post #9 of 10

Thank you everyone. I was guessing that is how it went but -stupid me- I was sitting here trying to figure it out with a 6-10-12 inch dummy cake. Of course it didn't look right the round was larger than the cake it was on!!! icon_redface.gif I am doing a 6-10-14 and after I get my head back on straight I think I will be just fine.

Thanks again and I swear I am not drinking tonight but it is kind of sounding good about now dunce.gif

NEWTODECORATING Posted 11 Oct 2008 , 12:14am
post #10 of 10

saj_stuff thanks for the offer of scanning the instructions....girl you are wayyyy to busy for that but I appreciate the offer. What in the world are you doing on the computer anyway? I would be in the kitchen pulling my hair out with that many cakes!!! I looked in your gallery for the pic you are speaking of but did not see it. I did however see the most beautiful stained glass Easter cake! I left you a comment on it and saved it to my favorites.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%