Freezer Space

Decorating By cutthecake Updated 5 Oct 2008 , 11:14pm by indydebi

cutthecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cutthecake Posted 5 Oct 2008 , 6:25pm
post #1 of 3

Am I the only home baker with little or no freezer space? I couldn't fit a crumb-coated cake in my freezer if I had a crowbar to shove it in there. Trays of unbaked cookies? Bowls of ganache? No way.. I'm lucky I can get an ice pop in there. How do you guys do it?

2 replies
PollyMaggs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PollyMaggs Posted 5 Oct 2008 , 10:42pm
post #2 of 3

I was the same way so I went to Lowes and bargained for a floor model, upright freezer that had a dent in the side and got it for 60% off(still with a warranty)...only 140.00 bucks. now I have a freezer just for cake crafts. My kitchen is a little more crowded but no more having to cook things in the freezer to make room for cakes.

Polly

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 5 Oct 2008 , 11:14pm
post #3 of 3

Yep....get a stand up freezer ... check craigslist, the classifieds in the paper, try bartering some cake(s) for one. But you really need one if you're doing any kind of volume at all.

We had a chest freezer ... my neighbor had an upright. She wanted a new freezer and preferred a chest freezer. Ours was only a couple of years old. We traded even ... my new chest freezer for her older upright. Worked out great for both of us!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%