Any Ideas For Guy Cupcakes?

Baking By ericalove Updated 15 Oct 2008 , 5:28am by bchristianson17

ericalove Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ericalove Posted 4 Oct 2008 , 4:26pm
post #1 of 8

Can anyone help me out with some decorating ideas for some cupcakes for a guy.Someone wants to order just half a dozen cupcakes for her boyfriend,she wants something simple but not girly,but she wants them decorated really cute,she told me to do whatever I think would be nice,so I dont have anything to off of.So do can anyone give me some ideas, PLEASE!!! THANKS

7 replies
kimsmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kimsmom Posted 4 Oct 2008 , 4:50pm
post #2 of 8

I would go with just a simple plain swirl of icing and a fondant shape like your avatar. Or add a candy kiss. If it needs to be "cuter" add jimmies, but only in one or two colors.
Ask what is hobbies are, or what he does. Maybe you can incororate those into fondant shapes for the cupcakes.
I just started using fondant and I'm hooked.
Good luck.
I'm sure you will be getting a lot more ideas from others.

7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
7yyrt Posted 7 Oct 2008 , 4:52pm
post #3 of 8

How about something like this? http://www.decadenze.com/images/2007/03/FlowerCupcake.jpg
Made in chocolate and a color other than pink, it would be cute enough for her and geometric enough for him. Making only 6 cupcakes, you don't want to get too elaborate.

joby1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
joby1 Posted 7 Oct 2008 , 5:01pm
post #4 of 8

You could do like a non gender beach theme. Or finding out hobbies and likes and doing in that as sugested before.

AZCakeGirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AZCakeGirl Posted 7 Oct 2008 , 5:03pm
post #5 of 8

Yeah, can you find out what his hobbies are? If he likes fishing, make little fondant fish for some of them & fishing poles coming out of others. If he likes golf, frost them in green icing with a tip 233 so it looks like grass & make little fondant golfballs. If he's into sports, below are some cupcakes that I did in a baseball theme. You could do the same thing with basketball, soccer, tennis, etc.
LL

PaulaT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PaulaT Posted 7 Oct 2008 , 5:21pm
post #6 of 8

My suggestion would just be chocolate, chocolate and more chocolate. Guys aren't that interested in a "cute" design as much as how it tastes and most of them just like chocolate. Go easy on yourself and do a chocolate cupcake, chocolate icing and a kiss on top or some chocolate sprinkles. He'll love it! Promise. thumbs_up.gif

Jewelsx19 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jewelsx19 Posted 7 Oct 2008 , 5:32pm
post #7 of 8

I made two dozen for my friends brothers birthday, he loves Pool so I made them to look like pool balls.
But what about sports balls? like baseball, basketball, football, tennis and golf?

bchristianson17 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bchristianson17 Posted 15 Oct 2008 , 5:28am
post #8 of 8

The best idea I can think of is to find out what team he likes. Just about every guy is in love with "his team". Find out those colors and use those and he'll be happy.

Good Luck!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%