Tip Question...

Decorating By debiz1123 Updated 3 Oct 2008 , 6:48pm by millermom

debiz1123 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debiz1123 Posted 3 Oct 2008 , 5:46am
post #1 of 4

I'm doing my first weeding cake in a couple of weeks, three tiers, they just want a white cake with a shell border, they will be adding shells and what ever for a beach theme. Anyway, the tiers are 14, 10, and 6, with the shell border to a use a smaller shell as I go up from tier to tier since the tiers are getting smaller.............. Hopefully that makes sense icon_biggrin.gif

Thanks for any help you wonderful women and men can give me!

Debbie

3 replies
sweetcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetcakes Posted 3 Oct 2008 , 2:35pm
post #2 of 4

theres no need to do that, pick one size tip and do them all the same. tip 18 would do well on all sizes. But if you prefer the shells to be sized differantly do it, its personal choice really.

Shannie13 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shannie13 Posted 3 Oct 2008 , 6:18pm
post #3 of 4

Have you seen this done? In my honest opinion I think the tiers would look a little uneven (maybe not the right word). I would recommend testing this out first on a dummy cake or just some boxes layered on each other just to make sure it is the look you want. If it is what you want, hey go for it, I would love to see a pic in the end.

It is a really cute idea, but just doesn't sit right in my head. Sorry
Shannie

millermom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
millermom Posted 3 Oct 2008 , 6:48pm
post #4 of 4

As a rule of thumb, I always use a bigger tip for the bottom border, and a smaller tip for the top border if I am doing one. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%