Great Frosting Recipe To Go With Spice Cake?

Decorating By cocobean Updated 4 Oct 2008 , 12:49am by turtle22

cocobean Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cocobean Posted 2 Oct 2008 , 11:07pm
post #1 of 15

I'd love to try making a wasc spice cake. (Haven't really thought of the changes to make to the wasc ingredients yet, but...) I'd love to hear of some great recipes for frosting to go with that kind of cake if you have one for me. Thanks! icon_smile.gif

14 replies
funcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
funcakes Posted 3 Oct 2008 , 12:26am
post #2 of 15

I have not yet made the spice cake, but this week I made the ginger maple cakes from the Williams Sonoma acorn cake pans and it had a maple flavored buttercream frosting. Everyone loved it. You just make a regular all butter buttercream and add a tablespoon or two of maple syrup in place of the water/milk (liquid to make the right consistency)

momma28 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momma28 Posted 3 Oct 2008 , 12:52am
post #3 of 15

I recently did a wedding cake that was buttermilk spice and I covered it in white chocolate cream cheese buttercream and it was wonderful. Nice flavor combo

cocobean Posted 3 Oct 2008 , 2:03am
post #4 of 15

Thanks gals those sound great! icon_smile.gif

sweetiemama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetiemama Posted 3 Oct 2008 , 2:09am
post #5 of 15

I made spice cupcakes this week with white chocolate smbc. I used Melysa's recipe from CC. Yummmm!

FromScratch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FromScratch Posted 3 Oct 2008 , 2:10am
post #6 of 15

Cream cheese is my fav.. sooooooooooo good.

Dixiegal01 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dixiegal01 Posted 3 Oct 2008 , 2:12am
post #7 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by momma28

I recently did a wedding cake that was buttermilk spice and I covered it in white chocolate cream cheese buttercream and it was wonderful. Nice flavor combo

white chocolate cream cheese buttercream .......yummm, would you share that recipe??? oh my gosh, my mouth is watering icon_smile.gif

bethola Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bethola Posted 3 Oct 2008 , 2:14am
post #8 of 15

How about cream cheese with spices added?

Beth in KY

Callyssa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Callyssa Posted 3 Oct 2008 , 2:17am
post #9 of 15

My family's all-time favorite.......orange! I just use orange extract in place of the vanilla, and as soon as the cake is gone they're begging me to make it again!

Oh, and if you wanted to try a different spice cake recipe, I just made the Tomato Sauce Spice Cake (I think that's what it was called) in the recipe section, and it was AWESOME!!! You can't taste the sauce, even in the batter, I think it just helps to keep the cake moist as it's a dense cake in itself. The batter (yes, I had to taste test it!) tasted very strongly of cloves and I was certain I wouldn't be happy with it once cooked, but all the spices blended so well together and it was delicious. And I don't even like cake!

momma28 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momma28 Posted 3 Oct 2008 , 2:19am
post #10 of 15

Sure I'll share the recipe icon_smile.gif

White Chocolate Cream Cheese Buttercream

9 ounces white chocolate
1 1/2 pkgs cream cheese (room temp)
5 tblsp butter (room temp)
1 lb confectioners sugar

Melt white chocolate either over a double boiler or in the microwave (30 seconds at a time) While chocolate cools slightly cream butter and cream cheese until fluffly. Add melted chocolate to cream cheese and butter mix. Add, slowly, 1 lb confectioners sugar. If you beat this mixture on too high a level it will get air bubbles in it so beware. It is soooo yummy. Hope you enjoy

Dixiegal01 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dixiegal01 Posted 3 Oct 2008 , 2:26am
post #11 of 15

Thanks momma28, I'll print this out asap, can't wait to try it, my DH thanks you too!

seskenn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
seskenn Posted 3 Oct 2008 , 2:36am
post #12 of 15

I like mixing in any of the liquid coffee creamers in my frosting. The vanilla spiced rum is awesome, as is the cinnamon vanilla.

cocobean Posted 3 Oct 2008 , 3:29pm
post #13 of 15

...ooohhhh more great ideas! How can I choose???

Thanks everyone!

Maybe I should make a spice sheetcake. Divid it into four and choose four of those suggestions. Or make petit fours with four different frostings under the glaze! My mind is whirling! icon_lol.gif

I'd have to time the making of it since I'm on the Fat Loss For Idiots, diet. Every 11 days you get three days off and can eat what you want. Just have to remember to never get full! Just wanted to lose that 15 lbs. that I've put on!

PinkZiab Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PinkZiab Posted 3 Oct 2008 , 3:53pm
post #14 of 15

maple cream cheese... yummmmm

turtle22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
turtle22 Posted 4 Oct 2008 , 12:49am
post #15 of 15

Our family favorite is spice cake with caramel icing

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%