Would It Be Rude

Lounge By sweettoothmom Updated 6 Oct 2008 , 8:43pm by sweettoothmom

sweettoothmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweettoothmom Posted 2 Oct 2008 , 8:48pm
post #1 of 26

.....to make a cake with 4 witches with the same haircolor as my MIL and SistersIL to take to a Halloween party they asked me to bring the cake to?

I call them the coven or the witchlets anyway because they are horrid human beings. My hubby knows. Poor fella he has to deal with them as they think they own him. But anyways they called me to ask if we cwould come to a party and bring the cake. So I in shock because they never want cake said YES! Now I am thinking witches seems fitting. They wont know the difference and they are not bright enough to see two blondes a red head and a brunette and think "hey we are just like those witches".

So would this be rude? or just freakin hilarious!!!! icon_evil.gif

25 replies
mbelgard Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbelgard Posted 2 Oct 2008 , 8:53pm
post #2 of 26

Rude? Well probably but it would be terribly funny. icon_lol.gif

If they did notice you could just play dumb and claim that you never noticed. icon_lol.gif

sweettoothmom Posted 2 Oct 2008 , 9:00pm
post #3 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbelgard

Rude? Well probably but it would be terribly funny. icon_lol.gif

If they did notice you could just play dumb and claim that you never noticed. icon_lol.gif

I thought I could say., " oh well those were the only doll picks that they had and four seemed to balance out the cake so well" icon_lol.gif

See my little demon mind is always working when it comes to my IL's.
The best thing they ever did was my hubby, he saw them for the monsters that they are and tried to make it better every time they screwed someone over. He was the peacemaker in that home and in town for them. He chose to go the other way. It is one of the reasons I love him so.

tiersfromheaven Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiersfromheaven Posted 2 Oct 2008 , 10:42pm
post #4 of 26

This idea would be priceless!! I'd love to see it if you do it! AND of course their reactions!

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 2 Oct 2008 , 10:55pm
post #5 of 26

Rude? Who cares? They're in-laws! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

If you're seriously worried about it, I'd say it depends on what kind of relationship you have with them. If it's a standing joke between you guys ... or if it's a private joke within the family ... may make a difference in the reaction.

Me? I wouldn't care. icon_biggrin.gif

Honeydukes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Honeydukes Posted 2 Oct 2008 , 11:02pm
post #6 of 26

If they notice at all tell them it's all about balancing color. Besides, everybody does black witch hair.

mommicakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommicakes Posted 2 Oct 2008 , 11:08pm
post #7 of 26

icon_lol.gif I agree with Indydebi!!!! icon_lol.gif

Who cares. In-laws get that honor whether they like it or not. You know everybody has at least one. icon_lol.gif

CakesByJen2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesByJen2 Posted 2 Oct 2008 , 11:20pm
post #8 of 26

Rude? Technically, yes...

But I would do it in a heartbeat icon_biggrin.gif That sounds exactly like something I would do, in fact.

Another fun thing to do to irritate in-laws: buy their kids the noisiest, most annoying toys you can find! icon_evil.gificon_biggrin.gif

indydebi Posted 2 Oct 2008 , 11:27pm
post #9 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by CakesByJen2

Another fun thing to do to irritate in-laws: buy their kids the noisiest, most annoying toys you can find! icon_evil.gificon_biggrin.gif

Ah, that doesnt' work in my house! My in-laws did that the first year we were married ... mostly to pay back "Uncle Phil - Bachelor Uncle" who spent YEARS buying his nieces/nephews loud toys. But they didn't factor in the New Aunt Debi. I take batteries out, I put loud toys on shelves, I've even put them in the attic and then sold them ... unopened still in the box ... at next summer's yard sale.

If they're going to be stupid enough to waste their money on a toy that just makes noise, then I'll help them waste the money by not allowing my kid to play with it.

By the way, that was the ONLY year they tried that! icon_rolleyes.gif

redpanda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
redpanda Posted 2 Oct 2008 , 11:36pm
post #10 of 26

Revenge can go the other way, too. It was MY parents who kept giving my son noisy toys...so I gave my dad a motion-activated daisy in a pot that danced around and played "You are my Sunshine". Bwaa ha ha

indydebi Posted 2 Oct 2008 , 11:39pm
post #11 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by redpanda

Revenge can go the other way, too. It was MY parents who kept giving my son noisy toys...so I gave my dad a motion-activated daisy in a pot that danced around and played "You are my Sunshine". Bwaa ha ha

Would have loved to have seen his face!

My mom gave my son (and my sister's son) a better-than-a-toy-but-not-a-real guitar WITH amplifier! That was the one I sold in the yard sale the next summer.....unopened, unplayed with. icon_biggrin.gif

redhare Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
redhare Posted 3 Oct 2008 , 1:39am
post #12 of 26
Quote:

ahhh see nosey toys don't bother me. Heck my kids have 3 keyboards, a toy piano, toy drums and each have toy guitars. I don't care as long as it's HAPPY NOISE! AS SOON as it turns into a fight or arguement it's MINE!

ONTO the question I would do it and depending on there personailities laugh about it w/ them.... It all just depends on your relationship w/ them

mbelgard Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbelgard Posted 3 Oct 2008 , 1:14pm
post #13 of 26
Quote:

I can't complain about the toys the in-laws give since my brother is the one who gives kids things someone might complain about. This year my 9 year old is getting a snare drum and my 5 year old is getting a corn snake. I'm annoyed about the drum, the snake isn't a big deal since he's already given the kids an iguana. icon_rolleyes.gif

michellenj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
michellenj Posted 3 Oct 2008 , 1:19pm
post #14 of 26

Back to the cake-make sure that the witches have no boobs and great big butts!

michood Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
michood Posted 3 Oct 2008 , 3:27pm
post #15 of 26

I think it's a great idea, no matter what your relationship is with them!! I agree that they should have big butts too.

Who cares if they think you made the witches look like them, they'll get over it!

I have an EVIL SIL and I'd do it in a heartbeat, but I'd even put a name tag on the witch with SIL's name on it.

sweettoothmom Posted 3 Oct 2008 , 4:51pm
post #16 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by michellenj

Back to the cake-make sure that the witches have no boobs and great big butts!

BWHA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA I love it . Do you know my SIL? You described them all to a T!!!!! icon_evil.gif

sweettoothmom Posted 3 Oct 2008 , 5:02pm
post #17 of 26

My IL's are horrid awful people. Let me just say I could take all day to tell you about the antics that go on around here but it would not even be the top of the ice berg. These women are not only completely evil and demented but they do it just to be hateful. It is a compulsion that they cant even control.

I am nice to them to avoid an issue for my husband and my kids sake. I leave thier house ready to scream and cry. I have had to literally stop myself from packing my clothes and leaving with the kids and my hubby. I hate hate hate them. Yes hate is a strong word, in this scenario if I never saw them or heard from them again it would make me sad for my hubby because I know it would hurt him yet again that they did that to him but it would not bother me not one little bit.
I call them the coven or the witchlets daily. I know it is childish but If I dont get some venting out I will burst. The little jabs here and there that they are totally unawares of is also freeing to me.

THEY SUCK!!!!!! I have confronted them, it ended with them all telling me I was crazy and dreaming it all up and that they really hope I seek professional help for my delusions. Now I am the crazy one? Because I spoke up because I refuse to let them treat me, my hubby and our kids like toilet film?
You tell me this, what does it mean when a child cries when we say we are going to see grandma?! My kids dont ask to go to her house, THey dont want to see them at all. They push thier aunts away when they try to hug them but even that is rare. Thier grandma wont even let them sit on her lap. Because it causes vericose viens!!! icon_eek.gif What granpma says that to a grandbaby??? Plus her other grandkids get to sit on her lap just not ours. I think JUST calling them witches it the least I can do.
I promise to post a pic. Thanks again to you all. RUDE IT IS AND RUDE IS WHAT THEY DESERVE!

michood Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
michood Posted 3 Oct 2008 , 5:15pm
post #18 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweettoothmom

These women are not only completely evil and demented but they do it just to be hateful. It is a compulsion that they cant even control.

I wonder if my SIL is related to yours!!! She's also vindictive, sneaky, and down right MEAN. She talks all sorts of crap about everyone, and then tries to act like she's your best friend. She thinks the world owes her something, especially since her mom passed away a year ago. I can't imagine how hard it must be for her, but that is NO EXCUSE for treating people like crap. DH turns down invitations to their house all the time, without even talking to me about it because he doesn't even like his own sister, yet she tells EVERYONE who will listen that she never sees her brother because of "that b*tch of a wife of his* (that's me!). "I know my brother misses me and wishes he could see me, but his wife wont let him see me."

hahaha, oh well. If I were an evil person I could ruin her marriage (I know, and have proof, that she's cheating on her husband) but I'm a better person than she could ever dream of being, and Sweettoothmom, you are too![/i]

indydebi Posted 3 Oct 2008 , 9:50pm
post #19 of 26

sweettoothmom, why do you even take your kids over there? I will not allow my children to be around evil people .... and one of them is my mother.

If your hubby wants to visit his family, there's no reason all of you have to suffer thru it. Let him go visit them while you and your kids have a great day at the movies or the zoo.

Do not even give me that crappy line about how they "need" to be around and get to know their grandparents/aunts. Sounds like your kids DO know them ... and they don't want to know them any more!

I will not allow my children to suffer just so we can all pretend to "all get along". icon_wink.gif

imagine76 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imagine76 Posted 4 Oct 2008 , 2:29am
post #20 of 26

no boobs, big butts & mustaches. they should have mustaches. perhaps also warts.

sweettoothmom Posted 6 Oct 2008 , 3:12am
post #21 of 26

One of my SIL has tattooed on eyebrows so I will give one of the blondes a big thick dark blonde unibrow!!!!!!! icon_twisted.gif

Your right. I dont take my kids over to the IL's house. In fact if the kids ask where we are going and we tell them to grandma's they will cry so we turn around and call the in laws and let them know that we wont be making it. Then we hear "well we havent been able to see them in two weeks, or a month or however long it has been". Then my poor sweet hubby has to explain to them or tell them some story or excuse to get around the fact that the kids dislike them so much. NAd it is because the IL's treat us like dog poop on thier shoe.
My poor hubby I feel so badly for him he still feels like he needs to be the peacemaker. We spend so much time and energy just trying to keep the flame out on that side of the family that way we just try to not allow them to have any ammo against us.
The IL's dont even call me anymore which is good. I am fine with it. I hate that it is like this but they have done this. We are just trying to cope as best as we can. They are the ones who pushed our 5 yr old child off her lap onto the hardwood floor without helping the child to his feet or explianing that grandma is too vain to allow it. She literally just let him sit and cry. I walked over after witnessing this and picked him up gave her the STINK EYE EXTORDINARE and gathered the other kids and went out to our vehicle. I then called my hubby on his cell from my cella nd told him we were leaving he could join us or he could ask them for a ride home when he was ready. They acted like I had pooped on the living room rug. I was the rude one. I was the one who left without thanking them for having me. etc..... icon_confused.gificon_eek.gif

My MIL went so far this year as to take pics of the kids whenever she is around them and sent copies to my mother out of state with a card saying "I cherish these so much because we dont get to see them often." My DH and I and the IL's all live in a town that is 10 sq. miles and under 10,000 people.
My family lives over 3000 miles from us and speaks with my children daily on the phone or over the internet via webcam. My folks go out of thier way to be sure they have a relationship with thier grandkids.

The in town grandparents are lucky to see them 4 times a year. Coincedence? I think NOT! icon_surprised.gif We have four kids and we always invite them to the birthday parties which involves friends as well. And the in town grandparents only want to see them if they want to control us by ruining our plans for a holiday or otherwise.

Deb_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deb_ Posted 6 Oct 2008 , 4:19am
post #22 of 26

Man I thought my IL's were bad icon_twisted.gif The only saving grace for us is they live in PA, we live in MA. So we only have to tolerate them a few times a year!
sweettoothmom.......I can relate to your comment that our DH's are the only good thing our in-laws ever did. I try my hardest to not say anything bad about his parents because even though they are asses, it hurts him. A few months ago when my MIL got to our house my DH went outside to the driveway to greet them. When he leaned in to kiss her she turned her cheek.

My DH didn't know I had witnessed this and after they left he broke down. I've been with my husband for 26 yrs. and I have never seen him break down. This broke my heart, I hate to see him hurt by them. Out of their 3 kids he is the only stable one. Whenever they need money they call him, when they come to MA they sleep here, but yet she can't kiss her son!

I swear people like our IL's are jealous that their sons have a better, happier life than they do. That's sick! As a mother I want my kids to hopefully someday find a spouse that they can make a happy fulfilling life with.

I love your witch cake idea, I'd do the same except my MIL still thinks that heavily black/white frosted hair is in style, I don't think they make a doll pick that ugly icon_evil.gif (I'm a hairdresser, so I can make fun of her horrible bleach job) icon_razz.gif

sweettoothmom Posted 6 Oct 2008 , 4:18pm
post #23 of 26

Oh my lord, she actually turned away from a kiss from her own son?

I am so sorry. My IL's just are really good at manipulating. My MIL is the queen i swear she invented it. She wants things to go the way she invisions it or she is suddenly the martyr and we did it purposly to hurt her.

My mother just says humor her when you can. WELL I CANT ANYMORE.
We have been married long enough I have paid my dues.

When we first got married she called each and everyone of our bridal party members and friends and asked them not to call or visit us for at least three months. And she was all but threatening about it. After three months of being avoided and phone calls not answered or returned and not answerign the door when we dropped in. WE got to thinking something must have happened at the wedding that we were unaware of. One day I trapped I mean physically pinned our best man to his car after work. He finally fessed up that my MIL had threatened him and told him not to make contact with us for 3 months. This is a grown man who is vry sweet and very polite traditional man. He would do anything that a little old lady asked him to with a smile and a yes man dripping off his lips. So when she said no sontact he was confused but would have done it to please her because she asked him to but then she went so far as to threaten him. icon_redface.gif I could just scream!!!

He wont even come around now. He is polite when we see him but he isnt the same fella toward us. and I dont blame him.
This is my MIL's rep in town.
So I use little digs to VENT whenever I can. For example the witch cake.

Deb_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deb_ Posted 6 Oct 2008 , 6:22pm
post #24 of 26

Wow, that is really bad........what a freakin wacko! How sad that the people listen to her and give her that power though. Maybe she really does have witch's powers!

What does your FIL say or do? Mine acts like he doesn't know what fiasco's his wife and daughter are up to, Mr. Innocent ya know?

margaretb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
margaretb Posted 6 Oct 2008 , 7:53pm
post #25 of 26

Wow. I have some bad inlaws, but bad in that they mess up their own lives (addictions, bad relationships), so I look like a bright shining star.

I think the witch cake is a great idea! My relatives would think it was hilarious if I made a cake casting them as witches. They would be PROUD! I was going to say that that shows you that normal people would take it in good humour, but I don't know if my relatives are really normal.

If my in laws were that evil, I would not take my kids to see them. Or I would follow your example and leave as soon as something mean was said or done. Truly it is their loss if they don't have a relationship with your children, but it doesn't sound as if they really care -- they just want the relationship because it gives them another way to be hurtful. It reminded my of my cousin's insane ex husband. He totally used the kids just to hurt her (and once the divorce was finalized and turned out he owed her tens of thousands of dollars, he signed off his visitation rights so he wouldn't have to pay her a dime). Maybe you could change the rules so that you only see them in public -- go out to a restaurant or a park or zoo or whatever -- so they are WELCOME to join you, and then it is clearly their choice if they do not choose to see the kids, and if they do come along, maybe they would behave a little better in public. Just a thought, although I suppose you have already tried everything.

sweettoothmom Posted 6 Oct 2008 , 8:43pm
post #26 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkelly27

Wow, that is really bad........what a freakin wacko! How sad that the people listen to her and give her that power though. Maybe she really does have witch's powers!

What does your FIL say or do? Mine acts like he doesn't know what fiasco's his wife and daughter are up to, Mr. Innocent ya know?

My FIL knows what his kids and wife are up to but it is easier for him to not comment than to get involved because then they turn on him and the majority of them still live at his house with him and my MIL. He is surrounded but he is also the biggest coward you have ever seen. I think he is lazy and just doesnt want his wife to divorce him that way he doesnt have to find a new wife..

She told us she was having her eye lids done because she is a haridresser and her eyelids sagged into her field of view and it interfered with her work. But in reality she got a minor facelift. She still wont admit it. She also went and got a Gastric bypass just because she was working out (walking to and from the fridge and cookie cupboard to eat oreos and ice cream) and it wasnt working. She was about 20lbs overweight and chalked it all up to genetics. Now 50lbs is a lot, but 20??? Come on now. VAIN VAIN VAIN
So her witch cake will be HUGEMONGOUS!!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%