Offered To Host Thanksgiving Dinner: How Do I Cook A Turkey?

Lounge By margaretb Updated 25 Dec 2009 , 5:53pm by margaretb

adonisthegreek1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adonisthegreek1 Posted 17 Oct 2008 , 1:29pm
post #31 of 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by dldbrou

First, I inject it with Cajun Butter and then hand it to my dh to fry. Then I go into the kitchen and cook everything else.

Electric deep fryers are great. That's the only way that I cook my turkeys. You can cook up to 14 pounds in about 45 minutes. The meat is very moist and never greasy.

AlamoSweets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AlamoSweets Posted 19 Oct 2008 , 2:08am
post #32 of 33

When I was little and after Thanksgiving lunch when everyone had finished eating a white sheet was used to cover the whole table of food. At dinner time the sheet was removed and everyone dug in again! Not sure how we are all still alive but no one ever got sick! icon_eek.gif

margaretb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
margaretb Posted 25 Dec 2009 , 5:53pm
post #33 of 33

Well thank goodness I have this post saved. I just got my turkey in the roaster and the heat turned on, and I thought I should reread this just to have a look at all the interesting ways to make a turkey. Turns out I forgot to the herbs and I didn't add water to the roaster! Plus, once again, my turkey wasn't quite thawed out all the way, so it was good to see the reminder to turn the heat up a bit for the first couple hours. Thankfully this is only a ten pounder, so it should still have plenty of time to cook.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%