Someone Posted- Designer Copied My Cake!?? Can't Find It!

Decorating By Cakenicing4u Updated 30 Sep 2008 , 8:26pm by Cakenicing4u

Cakenicing4u Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakenicing4u Posted 30 Sep 2008 , 12:24am
post #1 of 8

icon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gif
I know that a few weeks ago, someone posted that a designer copied their cake... it had paisley type swirls on it that ran up the front of the cake... and it was a design original to them, and a famous designer copied it. I've spent an hour running searches and I can't find it!! Help please, I can't get it out of my mind and we have a similar cake coming up!

Thanks!

7 replies
leannsloan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leannsloan Posted 30 Sep 2008 , 12:45am
post #2 of 8

I remember the cake the one here on CC was black and pink the designer was orange and brown or yellow I am looking but I can't find it ethier and I don't remember the name of who's cake is was or the designer Sorry I am of no help.

rudoo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rudoo Posted 30 Sep 2008 , 12:47am
post #3 of 8
rudoo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rudoo Posted 30 Sep 2008 , 12:48am
post #4 of 8
stephaniescakenj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stephaniescakenj Posted 30 Sep 2008 , 12:58am
post #5 of 8

that's it and the designer cake version is posted on The Knot. I just saw it last night

deliciously_decadent Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Homemade-Goodies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Homemade-Goodies Posted 30 Sep 2008 , 8:41am
post #7 of 8

They certainly is very similar....

The only thing I can offer is that the original was done by dinas27 and she said that it was inspired by the invitations....maybe the invitations were from a catalog or common source??

I like that Dinas27's cake is square and has the offset appearance with the paisleys coming up the side. I would prefer hers, I think, of the two.

Boy wouldn't that be cr*ppy if so-called designers started hanging out in CC to inspire them. That'd be just dirty-dog...

Cakenicing4u Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakenicing4u Posted 30 Sep 2008 , 8:26pm
post #8 of 8

THAT"S IT!!! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!! THANK YOU!! I just couldn't remember who or when or anything!!!

THANK YOU!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%