Buttercream

Baking By Athoora Updated 12 Dec 2008 , 12:45am by rocketmom1985

Athoora Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Athoora Posted 29 Sep 2008 , 7:28am
post #1 of 11

Hello every oneicon_smile.gif this might be trivial to u, but I'm baking cupcakes for my Girl's Bday tomorrow and I want the perfect buttercream recipe, I tried 87437 recipe and ppl complain that it is too sweet and they can feel the icing sugar crunching in their mouth, what I love about buttercream is how it holds the shape and easy to use, the other day I tried meringue buttercream, excellent in taste but very light i can't draw or make shapes with it! any idea pls?

10 replies
mgigglin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mgigglin Posted 29 Sep 2008 , 7:55am
post #2 of 11

I'll be happy to share with you my buttercream. It's not on this site but it's a great recipe and holds a shape very well.

I can't remember if I can post it all since it came from another site but PM me if you would like to try it.

Kim

Mama T Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mama T Posted 29 Sep 2008 , 9:34am
post #3 of 11

Kim,

I'd LOVE the recipe, but I'm new to this whole forum thing and can't figure out how to send a private message. HELP!

Tanya

lchristi27 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lchristi27 Posted 29 Sep 2008 , 10:23am
post #4 of 11

Athoora-you may want to beat your frosting longer. I started filling my mixing bowl all the way to the top, and let it mix for an extra 5-10 minutes. Makes a world of difference.

Kim-Will you PM me the recipe? I'm always looking for something new.

Tanya-Welcome! See the button under each post with two people and it says PM? Just push and you should be able to send a private message!
Happy Monday!

yummymummy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yummymummy Posted 29 Sep 2008 , 10:50am
post #5 of 11

I had the same problem w/ a new bc recipe I tried the other day. I could feel the grains of the icing sugar. I thought it might be the brand I was using since it was different from my usual...do you think mixing it longer would help?...I would love the recipe too mgigglin! icon_smile.gif

ILE Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ILE Posted 30 Nov 2008 , 8:13pm
post #6 of 11

kim could you please!!!!!!!!! e-mail me your buttercream recipe ...i have try alot of recipe but not what im looking for thank you soooooooo much

ILE Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ILE Posted 30 Nov 2008 , 8:15pm
post #7 of 11

i'm sorry my e-mail is [email protected] i think it may help if i send you my e-mailthank you again

hasfour Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hasfour Posted 10 Dec 2008 , 3:32am
post #8 of 11

Hi kim,
I am also looking for a good butter cream recipe. Please can you e-mail me yours at [email protected].
Thank you.

Susie53 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Susie53 Posted 10 Dec 2008 , 3:46am
post #9 of 11

Athoora, I've used the Buttercream Dream recipe on this site and it's really good.

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake_recipe-2123-Buttercream-Dream.html

nickshalfpint Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nickshalfpint Posted 10 Dec 2008 , 3:50am
post #10 of 11

I think you can post the recipe, you just have to give credit to the site you got it from or you can post the link to the recipe.

rocketmom1985 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rocketmom1985 Posted 12 Dec 2008 , 12:45am
post #11 of 11

I have used Sugarshack's, SeriousCakes, Indydebi's and all a super...they all are easy and delish. I caught DH with his fingers in them all at one time or another...just kidding. He would rather eat boxed brownies than my from scratch Martha recipe, so I don't know WHY I trust his judgement icon_razz.gif and he can't make up his mind on which one he likes better!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%