Need Ideas For A Very Sensitive Cake...

Decorating By janelwaters Updated 22 Dec 2008 , 11:39pm by sweettoothmom1

janelwaters Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
janelwaters Posted 26 Sep 2008 , 10:31pm
post #31 of 51

Martha - that is when the service is on the 14th of December.

I think i am definately going to do all the figures and use that inscription on a 2 tier cake. I plan on making "children" from infant through young adulthood all with angel wings with a Christmas scene as the "background" of the cake. Wish Jesus sitting next to the Christmas tree.

I just hope that it looks as good on cake as it does in my head!

I think that on the 14th of December we should start a thread for all those CCers who have lost children. Just an idea!

Narie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Narie Posted 27 Sep 2008 , 12:07am
post #32 of 51

Instead of just having the angels of various ages just sitting around the cake with Jesus. Have them playing and helping to decorate the cake and tree. with the ornaments laying around and a box of decoration. They shouldn't be sitting around looking holy but having fun. Peeking around corners, almost falling off ladders with one of bigger angels steading the little ones. It may bring tears but it should bring smiles and giggles too. Getting ready in heaven for the Big Birthday.

Michelle104 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Michelle104 Posted 27 Sep 2008 , 4:02am
post #33 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Narie

Instead of just having the angels of various ages just sitting around the cake with Jesus. Have them playing and helping to decorate the cake and tree. with the ornaments laying around and a box of decoration. They shouldn't be sitting around looking holy but having fun. Peeking around corners, almost falling off ladders with one of bigger angels steading the little ones. It may bring tears but it should bring smiles and giggles too. Getting ready in heaven for the Big Birthday.

That's sounds so perfect! That's exactly how you think of kids at christmas! thumbs_up.gif

janelwaters Posted 15 Dec 2008 , 4:30am
post #34 of 51

Well.....the cake is done, the cake is delivered and the cake was devoured!

It was not EXACTLY how I envisioned it, but I am really happy with the way it turned out.

unfortunately - I can't get the pics to upload!! I will post another reply when I can finally get them up!

thank you all again for all of your help and support!

sayhellojana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sayhellojana Posted 15 Dec 2008 , 4:43am
post #35 of 51

I havent read this whole thread, just the first post, so sorry if someone has already suggested this. I pictured something with the star and wise men following, like on the side of the bottom tier, and on the side of the upper teir a nativity scene type deal, with the star on the highest point of the cake. Like the wise men were following it up the cake to see the baby jesus

janelwaters Posted 15 Dec 2008 , 4:49am
post #36 of 51

Thank you so much for your suggestion, but the cake was already delivered and done tonight.

I love CC - everyone is always so willing to help with really really great cake ideas for any occasion/event! ya'll ROCK!

sayhellojana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sayhellojana Posted 15 Dec 2008 , 6:00am
post #37 of 51

Oh gosh. I'm such a looser! Sorry

Michelle104 Posted 15 Dec 2008 , 2:45pm
post #38 of 51

Where's the pics???? I've been dying to see this one for months! Tell us how everything went! Did they love it??

janelwaters Posted 15 Dec 2008 , 2:58pm
post #39 of 51

I can't get the pics to upload icon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gif - I have been trying for 2 days!!

I didn't get as many figures done as I wanted to, I ran out of space on the cake and then I had a problem with my sugarveil so I had to freehand the writing - blah blah blah - I LOVE the way it turned out and when I dropped it off the girls setting up food were just standing there staring at it.

I didn't get to stay for the social b/c I had my 2 year old (my husband works for UPS - busy season!). The lady that ordered the cake for me emailed me late last night and said how much everyone loved the cake and how everyone was talking about how beautiful it was.

I will try to upload the pics a couple more times - I am so frustrated!!! I want you guys to see it so bad!

JaLa90016 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JaLa90016 Posted 15 Dec 2008 , 3:07pm
post #40 of 51

I can't wait to see the pics!!!! I am so excited. I know everyone loved it. I love it and I haven't seen it yet.

Most importantly, you have brought a lot of joy and happiness to thoses that was at the gathering.

Be Blessed and Merry Christmas!

Michelle104 Posted 15 Dec 2008 , 3:07pm
post #41 of 51

You can just email them to me!! You have no idea how much you as well as this cake have been on my heart since your first post of the project... icon_wink.gif

texa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
texa Posted 15 Dec 2008 , 3:08pm
post #42 of 51

There are a LOT of us out here waiting...waiting...waiting... thumbs_up.gif

If the server at CC won't cooperate, may I suggest that you load them on an "outside" photo site and just post the link? Photobucket comes to mind, although there are others.

Thanks for sharing!!! icon_biggrin.gif

janelwaters Posted 15 Dec 2008 , 3:23pm
post #43 of 51

OK>>>> I resized the pics and guess what......THEY LOADED!! yea!!

I just did it, so it might take a few minutes to show up....now I'm really nervous and I hope that you all like it.

I had tried to start a post for all the parents out in CC land that have lost a child to give you all a chance to honor them here among your cake friends...I think it just got lost in the forum shuffle....

TinkerB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TinkerB Posted 15 Dec 2008 , 3:24pm
post #44 of 51

If you can't upload your pics you might want to check the file size. If it's too large it won't upload - figured this one out after much frustration myself. Just go to your picture software and save it as a lower quality photo. There should be an options button (at the bottom) once you choose save as & the save window pops up. Can't wait to see the photos!

Michelle104 Posted 15 Dec 2008 , 4:04pm
post #45 of 51

Janel! Thank you so much for sharing this experience with us! You did a fantastic job! thumbs_up.gificon_wink.gif

janelwaters Posted 15 Dec 2008 , 5:03pm
post #46 of 51

Thank you so much Michelle!!

Your comments on the photo were so sweet too!

I seriously cannot thank you guys enough for all your encouragement with this cake!

tonedna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonedna Posted 15 Dec 2008 , 5:27pm
post #48 of 51

I can begin to tell you...your cake turned out awesome..it totally touched my heart..
Edna

bellabiaggio Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bellabiaggio Posted 15 Dec 2008 , 5:54pm
post #49 of 51

So touching. Makes me want to hug my kids all day, if they'd let me icon_smile.gif

janelwaters Posted 15 Dec 2008 , 11:25pm
post #50 of 51

thank you guys!! ya'll are so sweet - really makes me feel better about not getting to add some of the things that I wanted to.

I'm so glad that you all liked it!

sweettoothmom1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweettoothmom1 Posted 22 Dec 2008 , 11:39pm
post #51 of 51

i would go with something like butterflies or dragon flies. i've seen those often used to represent new life...in this case, their life in heaven.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%