Sps System Experiences...

Decorating By snarkybaker Updated 31 Aug 2014 , 4:31am by JustBakedSLO

FioreCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FioreCakes Posted 4 Apr 2014 , 6:36pm
post #61 of 71

I use royal icing or candy melts. You will love the SPS and not look back. 

Baking Me Crazy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Baking Me Crazy Posted 7 Apr 2014 , 7:33pm
post #62 of 71

Thank you.. I cannot wait to use it in June

morganchampagne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
morganchampagne Posted 23 Jul 2014 , 7:06pm
post #63 of 71

Man, I tried it today with a cake. I'm SOLD. I was a poly dowel girl, and those were great. But this is just so much easier, seriously. It has made the price of my cakes go up slightly, but this thing is SECURE. I picked up the cake and jiggled it, no movement. I'm an official believer!! I encourage you all who might be resisting just to give it a chance. 

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 24 Jul 2014 , 4:51am
post #64 of 71

ATold ya.

sleepy20520 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sleepy20520 Posted 1 Aug 2014 , 11:28pm
post #65 of 71

AHey so I'm thinking of switching to sps....can someone tell me the diff. I had an issue with a two tiered cake sliding to the side of the cake drum...yes I used buttercream to attach it. I thiught sps might help but don't u just use regular cake drums and attach with icing still? How is this more stable than using wood dowels in each tier and a center dowel? If the sps isn't attached to the drum how can it prevent slippage

FrostedMoon Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FrostedMoon Posted 2 Aug 2014 , 12:02am
post #66 of 71

I'm sure others can give you an better description, but basically it's because of this little spike that sticks up from the plate.  You make a hole in the cakeboard before you put the cake on it and then that little spike goes right in the hole when you stack the cakes and sort of locks everything in place.  You do still attach the board to the plate, some people use double sided tape or royal icing.  Plus, I feel like the legs are much more sturdy and lock in really well.  It also is really easy to get them all the same length, especially when you use the one that has notches every half inch or so.  I can't imagine using dowels or straws ever again.

sleepy20520 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sleepy20520 Posted 2 Aug 2014 , 1:18am
post #67 of 71

what about the bottom cake, the one sitting on the cake drum,how is that done/

morganchampagne Posted 2 Aug 2014 , 2:41pm
post #68 of 71

AIf you have a 10" cake on the drum and an 8" is going in top. You stick an 8" plate with the legs attached into the bottom tier.

Dayti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dayti Posted 2 Aug 2014 , 2:44pm
post #69 of 71

I usually glue my bottom cake, which is on a cake board the same size as the cake, to the drum with royal icing.

morganchampagne Posted 2 Aug 2014 , 3:03pm
post #70 of 71

AOh...maybe I misunderstood the question. I stick mine to the board with carpet tape but I have used royal icing and candy melts. All work great

JustBakedSLO Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JustBakedSLO Posted 31 Aug 2014 , 4:31am
post #71 of 71

A

Original message sent by OhForCakesSake

HI everyone! Can you tell me if I can use the SPS system WITHOUT boarder on each tier? It sounds like some of you may have used it with each plate being 1" smaller than the tier, does that completely hide the plate? Is there still a gap?? Thanks in advance!

I'm wondering this same thing, too. Any advice? TIA! :)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%