That Sparkly Fruit Covered In Granular Sugar..

Decorating By CarolAnn Updated 24 Sep 2008 , 4:10am by Mac

CarolAnn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CarolAnn Posted 23 Sep 2008 , 3:27pm
post #1 of 10

Can someone post a link to instructions for covering fresh fruit in sugar, you know, so it looks icy and sparkly. I have a friend who want me to make a cake for her son's reception, and she wants to make that pretty sugared fruit to decorate it. How do you do the fruit? There must be an article/tutorial someplace for this. I need pictures!!! Help please!!

9 replies
teenteen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
teenteen Posted 23 Sep 2008 , 3:37pm
post #2 of 10

Dip the fruit in pasteurized egg whites and roll in super fine granulated sugar. Voila!

ortansa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ortansa Posted 23 Sep 2008 , 3:41pm
post #3 of 10

U can whisk some egg whites,dipp the fruits in it and then sparkle with granular sugar.let it to dry. I think it's easy,no need of pictures.sorry my awfull english.

CakesByLJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesByLJ Posted 23 Sep 2008 , 3:42pm
post #4 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by teenteen

Dip the fruit in pasteurized egg whites and roll in super fine granulated sugar. Voila!

That's exactly what I do...... icon_smile.gif

CakesByLJ Posted 23 Sep 2008 , 3:43pm
post #5 of 10
Quote:

CakesByLJ Posted 23 Sep 2008 , 3:44pm
post #6 of 10
Quote:

PinkZiab Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PinkZiab Posted 23 Sep 2008 , 5:15pm
post #7 of 10

That's it... you can also do this with edible flowers/petals and let them dry. Makes a lovely garnish to a dessert or cake decoration.

Denise Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Denise Posted 23 Sep 2008 , 5:20pm
post #8 of 10

I used powdered egg whites from HEB grocery store. Add water and beat and then dip the fruit in and roll it in:

superfine sugar
granulated sugar

and/or Wilton sugar crystals

I have several big sugared fruit cakes on my website. They are very popular with my brides and I love making them!!

Denise Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Denise Posted 23 Sep 2008 , 5:23pm
post #9 of 10

I used powdered egg whites from HEB grocery store. Add water and beat and then dip the fruit in and roll it in:

superfine sugar
granulated sugar

and/or Wilton sugar crystals

I have several big sugared fruit cakes on my website. They are very popular with my brides and I love making them!!

Mac Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mac Posted 24 Sep 2008 , 4:10am
post #10 of 10

I use meringue powder mixed with water --whisk until foamy, brush on fruit and then dip or sprinkle on granulated sugar. Dipping the fruit in the liquid and then the sugar makes for a thick, clumpy coating.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%