Spaghetti Cake Directions???????????

Decorating By judylynnturner Updated 20 Sep 2008 , 1:55pm by MacsMom

judylynnturner Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
judylynnturner Posted 18 Sep 2008 , 8:57pm
post #1 of 6

Does anyone have the directions on how to make the spaghetti and meatballs cake with icing "noodles"? I would like to make this for church dinner...

I know I have seen the directions on here, but that was before all the server problems a long time ago...

Thanks in advance for any help!

5 replies
LisaI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LisaI Posted 18 Sep 2008 , 9:09pm
post #2 of 6
nickshalfpint Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nickshalfpint Posted 18 Sep 2008 , 9:20pm
post #3 of 6

The amount of ingredients are messed up. Some of my recipes did that too. I just baked mine in a disposable aluminum foil pan and frosted the top of the cake and then used a 5 tip I believe and just went to town. It's really easy. I used the ferrero rocher balls for meatballs
LL

basketlacey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
basketlacey Posted 20 Sep 2008 , 1:06pm
post #4 of 6

That cake is ADORABLE! And I think it would be pretty easy!

halohi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
halohi Posted 20 Sep 2008 , 1:34pm
post #5 of 6

I have always wanted to do a cake like this. It looks great in the disposable pan. Using the rocher chocolates is also a great timesaver thumbs_up.gif Thanks!

MacsMom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MacsMom Posted 20 Sep 2008 , 1:55pm
post #6 of 6

Chikie sent me the directions a while ago:
http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo_25780.html

"I made this twice, and the second time I used my own icing and it didn't lookas real. This icing is kinda thick. My hubby had to help me pipe the noodles 'cause my arm and hands wer hurting. LOL!"

1. Cake: Preheat oven to 350 F. With Spray, coat 13x9x2-in. baking pan; flour pan. In medium bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In large bowl, beat butter and sugar on high until fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each additional. Beat banana, then buttermilk. On low gradually beat in flour mixture just until incorporated; stir in walnuts. Spread in pan. Bake 50 minutes, until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean. Cool cake in pan 30 minutes on rack; invert onto rack; let cool. Invert cake onto oval serving platter (Smart & Final or Cash & Carry) with flat surface of at least 13x9 inch. Cover Refrigerate 3 hours up to 1 day

2. Meatballs: In medium bowl, beat cream cheese until creamy and smooth;beat in vanilla and salt. On low, gradually beat in sugar, then chocolate. Stir in nuts. Using 11/4-in-diameter ice cream scoop, scoop chocolate mixture to form about 23 meatballs. Roll each in hands into a bal (See photo). Cover;refrigerate (can be made 2 days ahead)

3.With thin serrated Knife; trim cake to fit platter; cut off edges and corners, cutting downward on diagonal to make oval mound (see photo). Remove cake pieces; brush crumbs off platter.

4. Frosting: In large bowl, beat butter until creamy. On low, gradually beating sugar. Beat in vanilla and milk Add food coloring and cocoa; beat until color resembles cooked spaghetti. Using offset metal spatula, spread 2 cups frosting in even, thin coat over cake.

5. Spaghetti: Fill 16-inch pastry bag half full with some of remaining frosting and fit with #5 plain tip (18in.) Beginning at bottom edge of cake, pipe "Spaghetti" strands around sides, looping and overlapping on already piped strands, and working upward(see Photo) Using up frosting and refilling bag half full as needed continue piping so strands are densely piped around sides: extend those near top slightly higher than top edge, creating a well.

6 Sauce. In a small saucepan, heat preserves over very low heat, stirring until just barley warm and pourable (do not overheat). Transfer 1/2 cup "sauce" to pie dish spoon remaining sauce into well on top of cake (see Photo): spread to fill well. letting drips of sauce come over top edge of spaghetti.

7. Put meatballs, few at a time, in sauce dish: roll to coat (see photo). Transfer to sauce on top of cake.

Repeat with remaining meatballs.Bush any remaining sauce from dish over uncoated meatballs.

8. Using vegetable peeler, shave chocolate "Parmesan" over top, if desired. (Can be made and refrigerated up to 1 day ahead) Serve at room temperature

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%