Anyone Else Here Go To Faire??

Lounge By Auryn Updated 18 Sep 2008 , 10:40am by fancyface

Auryn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Auryn Posted 17 Sep 2008 , 5:37pm
post #1 of 5

I'm talking about ren faire and pirate faires.

I live for ren faire, its my favorite thing in the world.
I'm going to my first pirate faire in november and I've been thinking/working on my garb for it for 2 months now.

I was just wondering if anyone else here loved faire

4 replies
sadiepix Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sadiepix Posted 17 Sep 2008 , 7:57pm
post #2 of 5

I did for a few years, but now I just don't have the extra time or $$.
I now have more garb than I will ever need again, but also a good stand-by for Halloween and folks love it when I bring the tub of stuff to theme parties and share.

Which one(s) do you go to?

I went to the Bristol faire in WI, the Silverleaf in MI and the Tall Ships fest in WI on the lake (pirate).

I really think I loved the costuming the best, and it really upped my sewing skills. The faire itself lost a lot of the fun as nothing really changed over the few years I went, and you can only look at the same stuff and same acts for so long. I was never into or able to afford traveling to distant faires.

I still have friends who go all them time, and even work or perform there.
Glad you have fun, though I can't imagine the wearing the garb in Florida heat! icon_smile.gif

ncdessertdiva Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ncdessertdiva Posted 18 Sep 2008 , 1:08am
post #3 of 5

We attend the NC Ren Faire in Raleigh, NC in the spring and go to the Carolina Ren Faire in Charlotte, NC in the fall. We are going on Oct. 12th. Can't wait! We don't do the costume thing but enjoy all of the people that do.
Leslie

Bijoudelanuit Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bijoudelanuit Posted 18 Sep 2008 , 10:10am
post #4 of 5

I go to the Sterling Festival in upstate, NY every year! It's always a treat that I look forward to!

www.sterlingfestival.com

fancyface Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fancyface Posted 18 Sep 2008 , 10:40am
post #5 of 5

There used to be one here in the greater toronto area, I went a few times & loved it , however I haven't heard of it being around the last 2 years icon_cry.gif
If anyone knows they can PM me?? icon_cry.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%