What Filling/icing For White Chocolate Banana Cake?

Decorating By Pebbles1727 Updated 18 Sep 2008 , 3:00am by Pebbles1727

Pebbles1727 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pebbles1727 Posted 17 Sep 2008 , 3:54pm
post #1 of 10

Hi Ya'll,
I'm stomped. I made a new scratch recipe last night-white chocolate banana cake. I've never tried banana cake from scratch, so I expected it to be more similar to box mix, but it's sorta kinda closer to banana bread in look and smell. I did not level it yet, so have no clue what it tastes like. The original recipe called for cream cheese icing, which seemed odd, so I decided to go with chocolate. But since it's not what I expected, I cannot imagine banana bread kinda cake with chocolate or cream cheese. Any ideas of what my options would be? I'm drawing blank. Any ideas will be appreciated.
Thanks, Olga : )

9 replies
lkoenig07 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lkoenig07 Posted 17 Sep 2008 , 4:08pm
post #2 of 10

Maybe you could try a banana cream filling? It may be a little too banana tasting, though. I think chocolate just might taste good.

pipercakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pipercakes Posted 18 Sep 2008 , 12:24am
post #3 of 10

Definitly chocolate. : ) Chocolate and banana is a great combo!

jukesbox Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jukesbox Posted 18 Sep 2008 , 12:28am
post #4 of 10

My aunt used to make a wonderful chocolate fudge icing to put on her banana cake. I have never tried her recipe because if you don't get it just right, it turns to fudge (like the candy). I always put cream cheese frosting on mine. Yuuuuummmmmmyyyyyyyy!

CherryLane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CherryLane Posted 18 Sep 2008 , 12:28am
post #5 of 10

How about a white chocolate buttercream?

christybuc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
christybuc Posted 18 Sep 2008 , 12:33am
post #6 of 10

Caramel? I make a chocolate cinnamon banana cake with caramel frosting that's really yummy!

christybuc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
christybuc Posted 18 Sep 2008 , 12:33am
post #7 of 10

Caramel? I make a chocolate cinnamon banana cake with caramel frosting that's really yummy!

domesticdiva85 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
domesticdiva85 Posted 18 Sep 2008 , 12:39am
post #8 of 10

My favorite frosting for banana cake is a spicy rum buttercream. All I do is add Captain Morgan's Spiced Rum, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves all to taste, to a batch of SMBC. It is sooo good!

jjkarm Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jjkarm Posted 18 Sep 2008 , 12:41am
post #9 of 10

Once I had banana cake with a coconut frosting, then they sprinkled toasted coconut over the top. It was amazing. thumbs_up.gif

Pebbles1727 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pebbles1727 Posted 18 Sep 2008 , 3:00am
post #10 of 10

Thanks a lot! All of those sound yummi. I got some thinking to do.
P

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%