What Does A Grass-Tip Looks Like?

Decorating By PatrysV Updated 16 Sep 2008 , 7:36pm by Rose_N_Crantz

PatrysV Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PatrysV Posted 16 Sep 2008 , 6:58am
post #1 of 5


I inherited a decorating(piping)kit from my grandmother with a lot of screw-on tips....BUT I don't know what to use them all for! icon_redface.gif I figured out some, but wants to know what a "grass-tip" looks like...maybe I have one, and don't even know it!! icon_confused.gif

4 replies
SweetPea0613 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetPea0613 Posted 16 Sep 2008 , 7:17am
post #2 of 5

This is a Wilton grass tip from their website

HTH icon_biggrin.gif

and I hope you can see the picture...if you cant im sorry icon_redface.gif

ceshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ceshell Posted 16 Sep 2008 , 7:28am
post #3 of 5

I can't see the pic, there have been some problems on CC lately with attached pics...so here is the link instead icon_smile.gif




PatrysV Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PatrysV Posted 16 Sep 2008 , 9:39am
post #4 of 5

icon_surprised.gif Couldn't see the picture - but thanks for the link! I DO have one!!!!
But I also have a tip with a sort of very sharp, pointy, zig-zag end....what do I use that for?? icon_confused.gif

Rose_N_Crantz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rose_N_Crantz Posted 16 Sep 2008 , 7:36pm
post #5 of 5

Could that be just a tip for a shell border? Are there any numbers on the tips? All the tips I've seen and worked with have numbers on the sides. For instance: I use a #10 for balloons, 18-22 for borders, 104 for flowers, I want to say I use either a 62 or a 68 for leaves. And so on. If there's numbers, you can figure out what they're for then. The numbers should be universal no matter which company they came from.

Quote by @%username% on %date%