Frozen Piping Gel Transfer??

Decorating By mom2leelee Updated 16 Sep 2008 , 9:48pm by Homemade-Goodies

mom2leelee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mom2leelee Posted 16 Sep 2008 , 5:01am
post #1 of 8

I'm doing a 'stained glass' cake for a customer and I was wondering if anyone has ever had any success doing a frozen transfer with tinted piping gel?

7 replies
mom2leelee Posted 16 Sep 2008 , 2:42pm
post #2 of 8

No one has any experience doing this?

I'm doingto attempt it tonight so I will let you know how it turns out.

EnjoyTheCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
EnjoyTheCake Posted 16 Sep 2008 , 2:57pm
post #3 of 8

I thought the frozen piping gel transfer was more for making an imprint on the cake. But I'm not sure as I've never attempted it.

Homemade-Goodies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Homemade-Goodies Posted 16 Sep 2008 , 3:03pm
post #4 of 8

I understood that the stained glass effect was done directly on the cake following black outlining. No need to do separately and freeze.

Don't quote me on it, though...that is still on my to-do list, so I'm not certain! Gorgeous effect though!!!

HTH

mom2leelee Posted 16 Sep 2008 , 6:04pm
post #5 of 8

Thanks! So to get the black 'leading' on the cake can I do just a regular piping gel transfer w/ the gel alread tinted black or should I use clear gel, and then trace over it w/ the black piping gel? For the leading I planned on mixing some melted choc. w/ the piping gel for a more opaque look.

mom2leelee Posted 16 Sep 2008 , 6:04pm
post #6 of 8

Thanks! So to get the black 'leading' on the cake can I do just a regular piping gel transfer w/ the gel alread tinted black or should I use clear gel, and then trace over it w/ the black piping gel? For the leading I planned on mixing some melted choc. w/ the piping gel for a more opaque look.

abslu Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
abslu Posted 16 Sep 2008 , 6:50pm
post #7 of 8

What an interesting concept! I'm not sure how the gel will freeze . . icon_confused.gif I would be more likely to trace the design on the cake with chocolate (candy melts) then "paint" in the colored gel to make the stained glass. . . . . You might try that if the gel doesn't work out! Post a picture of this, it's a very interesting idea!! I've never used piping gel like that. Good luck!

Homemade-Goodies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Homemade-Goodies Posted 16 Sep 2008 , 9:48pm
post #8 of 8

I intended to use - when I attempt this actually - black Royal Icing as the leading, let it set and then add my piping gel stained glass in the spaces.

That's why I never thought about making a frozen transfer, I don't think the piping gel will freeze really...but maybe so.

Best of luck though....please do post a pikkie! icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%