Graduation Cake Ideas

Decorating By Jo_psc Updated 15 Sep 2008 , 10:55pm by becklynn

Jo_psc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jo_psc Posted 15 Sep 2008 , 3:22pm
post #1 of 9

I would like to know if you could help get n idea for a college graduation cake for a person who should have ended college some years ago, something funny and that recalls that aspect.

Thanks you.

Joana

8 replies
janelwaters Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
janelwaters Posted 15 Sep 2008 , 3:28pm
post #2 of 9

HI!! Welcome to the forums!!

I would love to help you come up with a design, but I have a question - What took so long for the graduation - were they taking time off? Couldn't decide on a major? etc....

flamingobaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flamingobaker Posted 15 Sep 2008 , 3:36pm
post #3 of 9

How many years ago?

Maybe decorated to reflect the time/era they were supposed to graduate?

"Congratulations. FINALLY" ?

"Third time's the charm" ?

Just a couple ideas off the top of my head, maybe someone else can build on those to make 'em funnier.

pipercakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pipercakes Posted 15 Sep 2008 , 3:50pm
post #4 of 9

"Better late than never!"

chrissy410 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chrissy410 Posted 15 Sep 2008 , 4:12pm
post #5 of 9

Funny topic because I will be in the same boat in May. I should have graduated in 2000! took time off for family issues and to work. I'll probably put Congratulations... 8 YEARS LATER! or something along those lines!

janelwaters Posted 15 Sep 2008 , 4:20pm
post #6 of 9

Chrissy - i would do a hill with your family and home and some things related to your work on it and then put the "cap" on top of the hill - like it was a big hill to climb and all the things that you did along the way.... to top it off with your graduation cap.

seskenn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
seskenn Posted 15 Sep 2008 , 4:35pm
post #7 of 9

How about you make it for the year they were supposed to graduate (e.g. Congratulations Class of 1947!), and then put a big X over the year and kind of scribble in the year they did graduate. You could even put down every year, and X it out, getting smaller and smaller with your writing, like you had the cake all finished years ago, but just kept updating it.

janelwaters Posted 15 Sep 2008 , 4:36pm
post #8 of 9

that is so funny!!! I love the year idea!

becklynn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
becklynn Posted 15 Sep 2008 , 10:55pm
post #9 of 9

Hi
Some of the newspaper cakes in the cake gallery are really cute. You could put FINALLY! as the headline and put a pic of the graduate with some other funny captions. You could just laminate a picture if you don't have an edible image printer.
Good luck!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%