R U A Rockin Cakelady?

Business By littlecake Updated 14 Sep 2008 , 5:49pm by littlecake

littlecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
littlecake Posted 12 Sep 2008 , 10:22pm
post #1 of 17

when you are at work afterhours trying to get all the work done?

i love rockin out...it helps get the work done..'

ANYHOO

theres a place on the net called pandora ...you can make your own radio station for free!

tonight i put in "men at work"...rockin out to the 80's

it plays the band you put in...and other bands like it..

lovin rockin tonight gettin ready for tomorrow...just wanted to share!

16 replies
Michelle104 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Michelle104 Posted 12 Sep 2008 , 10:34pm
post #2 of 17

thanks for sharing! Definitely gonna have to check that out!! thumbs_up.gif I HAVE to have my tunes on!! icon_lol.gif

SugarFrosted Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarFrosted Posted 12 Sep 2008 , 10:36pm
post #3 of 17

I know exactly what you mean!
Smooth Jazz does it for me...you know that sexy saxophone stuff with a funky beat that makes you want to dance?
We get digital music stations with our cable TV...about 40 different styles of music. So whatever my mood, I can choose a station and listen. Music makes the world much better!

littlecake Posted 12 Sep 2008 , 10:38pm
post #4 of 17

well, i had the 90's peeps like pearl jam, and stone temple pilots....but these old tunes really get the heart a pumpin...who knew???

i put on counting crows when the customers are here, like blues traveler too, and that cute lil john mayer...

beth2027 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beth2027 Posted 12 Sep 2008 , 10:40pm
post #5 of 17

Ohhh! I love Pandora! I listen to it at work all the time. The best part is they don't just play the singles from the radio. They play ALL the songs on the albums.

marmalade1687 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marmalade1687 Posted 13 Sep 2008 , 12:56pm
post #6 of 17

I'll have to check it out!! Usually I crank up my radio to a station that plays "80's, 90's and whatever"...I'm sure my neighbors get a laugh seeing me dancing while decorating though the windows!! icon_lol.gificon_cool.gif

drowsyrn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
drowsyrn Posted 14 Sep 2008 , 4:00am
post #7 of 17

Yes!! I have all my favs on my ipod and turn that sucker up after hours!!

Cakenator Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakenator Posted 14 Sep 2008 , 4:06am
post #8 of 17

I always rock out to the Beatles, tom petty, and the Harry Potter soundtrack from the third movie!! I'm also a dork.

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 14 Sep 2008 , 4:24am
post #9 of 17

Oh thank god .... someone said "The Beatles"! A band on this list that I finally recognize!

sometimes it's hard being the old lady on here! icon_lol.gif

DianeLM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DianeLM Posted 14 Sep 2008 , 1:42pm
post #10 of 17

Thanks for turning me onto Pandora! Although, my 19 year old son insists he told me about it years ago when he discovered it on his high school computer.

I've been having so much fun! I'm a nut for electric blues (SRV, Indigenous, Derek Trucks, Gov't Mule, Joe Bonamassa). I know, you're all scratching your heads. icon_smile.gif It's a refreshing change from the Live365 station I usually listen to (and pay for!).

weirkd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
weirkd Posted 14 Sep 2008 , 2:09pm
post #11 of 17

Indydebi, I totally understand! I was looking at pictures of the BMA awards the other day and I only recognized a couple of people on it! All these new bands and people I have never heard of! I felt like I was so old or out of touch!
Atleast I recognize John Mayer and the grunge bands from the 90's! Phew!

keljo05 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
keljo05 Posted 14 Sep 2008 , 2:25pm
post #12 of 17

thanks for the recommendation on Pandora! I'm loving this site icon_smile.gif

My computer has been speaker-less for 3 years because I thought I needed a new sound card. Silly me never thought to update a driver and I just did that yesterday so I can listen to things again! i saw this topic about 2 hours later, lol

I'm enjoying the classic rock.. but it's depressing me because some of those are not classic rock to me.. then I remember how long ago I heard it, lol.

bittersweet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bittersweet Posted 14 Sep 2008 , 2:33pm
post #13 of 17

Hey Lovely Ladies, I am the same way. I turn on my ipod and turn it up load and sing at the top of my lungs. Everyone loves it! Ok not really but i don't care. It's my time to work and that is how I get in the zone. I listen to everything from the 70's to 08. People think I have strange taste in music. It all inspirses me in a differnet way.
Have fun Ladies and Rock Out and don;t let anyone burst your bubbles!!!!!!! icon_razz.gif

nickshalfpint Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nickshalfpint Posted 14 Sep 2008 , 2:37pm
post #14 of 17

I love listening to music when I'm doing my cakes. I'm gonna have to check that site out. There is one radio station that plays some of the music I like(punk), but for the most part I have to play my cd's and I have to keep changing them every 30 minutes. But sometimes I'm stuck listening to Camp Rock, Jonas Brothers or Miley Cyrus/Hannah Montana =) But that's fine because it's fun(most of the time) to have my kids help. And the dances my 3 year old does cracks me up!

kcw551 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kcw551 Posted 14 Sep 2008 , 3:07pm
post #15 of 17

Another great site is Last.FM

kcw551 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kcw551 Posted 14 Sep 2008 , 3:08pm
post #16 of 17

Another great site is Last.FM

littlecake Posted 14 Sep 2008 , 5:49pm
post #17 of 17

i forgot i still loved 80's music, until i saw colin from "men at work" on scrubs singing "overkill"....

i mostly like 90's...but i'm likin some of the new bands too....but i don't know their names.

life just flies by, robert smith from the cure, must be 50 now....crazy

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%