Has Anyone Ever???

Decorating By jenangel1229 Updated 11 Sep 2008 , 9:28pm by BCJean

jenangel1229 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenangel1229 Posted 11 Sep 2008 , 5:52pm
post #1 of 3

Has anyone ever worked at the bakery @ Kroger? I just got hired in for a cake decorating position and I go Sunday to sign all the paperwork. Anyone have any experiences with them?

2 replies
sari66 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sari66 Posted 11 Sep 2008 , 9:01pm
post #2 of 3

I worked at one of there sub companies also a grocery store called fry's. I liked it only up to a point cause even though I had few years of experience in hotels and resorts they didn't want to pay me decently as I had never worked in a grocery store.

BCJean Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BCJean Posted 11 Sep 2008 , 9:28pm
post #3 of 3

They don't have Kroger here, in my area anyhow. I worked for HyVee, in the Midwest for a total of 16 years, moved to California and worked in regular bakeries for 10 years then started working for "Save Mart" in their in-store bakery 7 years ago.

I really like working where I am. It is sometimes frustrating the limits they give you as to how much time you can take on a cake. My store allows a lot more than some do though, and they always let me do whatever I want, as long as it doesn't take too long (10 to 20 min. max).

I like working with buttercream a lot, I like making my flowers with buttercream, and I like figure piping the characters....so working fast is fun for me. ...squeeze the bag, and there you are.

If you can come up with designs which are unique and fast, the customers just love you. They think it is great they can have a unique cake and stay within their budget.

I do have to stop and wait on customers some times but not too much. The pay for me has always been pretty good and the benefits are great. You do have to be prepared to work every holiday and weekends. (been doing that for 33 years). I like the early hours, 6 to 3 for me.

The thing I like the very most is....I get to play in icing all day, watch the happy expressions on the customers faces, and ....go home to a clean kitchen.

If you should have any specific questions later, just email me.

Jean

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%