Transformer Cake?

Decorating By smileyash Updated 12 Sep 2008 , 1:52pm by Hookste

smileyash Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
smileyash Posted 11 Sep 2008 , 12:26pm
post #1 of 18

Anyone have pics or ideas for a transformer cake for a 4yr old?

17 replies
julitre1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
julitre1 Posted 11 Sep 2008 , 3:47pm
post #2 of 18

According to my 4 yr old, I would go with Bumblebee, he is the yellow transformer, as a car he is a Camero. How elaborate do you want to go? Do you want to do a 3D? For my 4 yr old, I would do some cake transfers of Optimus Prime and Bumblebee. (but that is according to my 4 yr. old.) :0)

Shelly4481 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shelly4481 Posted 11 Sep 2008 , 4:26pm
post #3 of 18

I have one to do this weekend, have done a few in past. They are the ones I dread the most!! But I print out a coloring page and do a fbct. I also plan on doing the yellow one.

mbelgard Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbelgard Posted 11 Sep 2008 , 4:32pm
post #4 of 18

Here's what I did for my 5 year old last year. I wasn't happy with the cake itself but I thought I did pretty good on the cookie (Optimus Prime) and the chocolate transfer (the autobot symbol).

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1171031

You don't say if this is for your child or sale though. If it's for sale I'd play it safe and get some toys, or have the parents purchase them, to place on the cake or look into purchasing an edible image. I have seen rings meant for cupcakes with autobot and decepticon symbols and an Optimus Prime toy at a cake store. The toys on my son's cake can be purchased at most stores that sell toys, they're called Robot Heros and come in two packs.

Find out exactly what transformers the child is into right now too if you don't already know. There is the live action movie but they also have a series on Cartoon Network called Transformers Animated. My youngest likes both but went nuts when his grandma found a transformers animated t-shirt.

julitre1 is right about the characters, Bumblebee and Prime are the two really big ones right now. Bulkhead is the other that my son really likes right now, he's an olive green thing on the animated show right now and must be big since he's with Prime and Bumblebee on my son's t-shirt.

With two boys I know way more than I want to about all of them. icon_rolleyes.gif

klynne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
klynne Posted 11 Sep 2008 , 4:39pm
post #5 of 18

Here are a couple that I've done,,,,bumblebee and optimus prime.
http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo_1191650.html
http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo_1214626.html
I did these using a coloring book page,,and I still have them. If you're interested just email me.

tyty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tyty Posted 11 Sep 2008 , 4:41pm
post #6 of 18

I have a simple one in my photos, with a FBCT.

illini89 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
illini89 Posted 11 Sep 2008 , 4:44pm
post #7 of 18

Just check my photos for one I did last year. It too is a FBCT

n

smileyash Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
smileyash Posted 12 Sep 2008 , 11:57am
post #8 of 18

Thanks everyone for your ideas...I'm still quite the beginner at this but would like to know what is FBCT? This cake is not to sell it's for my godson. He loves Bumblebee and Optimus Prime which seems to be the most popular ones...I would love to do an image on my cake but unsure how to do that....

stsapph Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stsapph Posted 12 Sep 2008 , 12:24pm
post #9 of 18

For the future, you might also want to find out if they are wanting the new animated version, the film version or the 80's animated version. I know my Husband love the 80's version, and would not let me down if I made a cake with the new animated version, although the film version seems to be safe ground no matter what.

As for this cake, I would get a coloring book and find a good picture with Bumblebee and Optims Prime. Get a reverse copy of it and either do a FBCT or a chocolate transfer. They are pretty easy to do and there is a tutorial on how to do the FBCT. HTH

tyty Posted 12 Sep 2008 , 12:31pm
post #10 of 18

FBCT is frozen buttercream transfer. You can find the instructions here on cc in the How To section.

tyty Posted 12 Sep 2008 , 12:31pm
post #11 of 18

FBCT is frozen buttercream transfer. You can find the instructions here on cc in the How To section.

Santa_Kitchen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Santa_Kitchen Posted 12 Sep 2008 , 12:42pm
post #12 of 18

This maybe look kind of difficult but you can also see the picture and the cutting instructions by the decorator. I love it...

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1251771

She also made cupcakes of the theme

KathleenR Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KathleenR Posted 12 Sep 2008 , 1:20pm
post #13 of 18

If they are his favs, they are the good guys, the Autobots. You could do a FBCT of the Autobot logo

http://www.hasbro.com/transformers/default.cfm?page=News/Item&newsid=EA145317-D56F-E112-446782EEFE59E513

the red one is the Autobots.

HTH

arosstx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
arosstx Posted 12 Sep 2008 , 1:30pm
post #14 of 18

I just did one, I didn't see the movie but I think the character is called "Bumblebee."
http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1263223

stsapph Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stsapph Posted 12 Sep 2008 , 1:34pm
post #15 of 18

yeah..it's bumblebee. The funny thing is, the original bumblebee was a VW Bug! It's amazing how things change

adflorea Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adflorea Posted 12 Sep 2008 , 1:37pm
post #16 of 18

i have a transformer cake in my pics.... very easy and the kids loved it.

Hookste Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Hookste Posted 12 Sep 2008 , 1:40pm
post #17 of 18

Here is one that I did for my nephew. I know that I got some of the ideas from cakes on this site. Little boy cakes are so difficult because they usually involve a lot of detail. My nephew was just so happy to get 2 toys on it. He loved it! Good luck!
LL

Hookste Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%