Cake Decorating Idea

Decorating By kimmerk Updated 10 Sep 2008 , 1:17am by Teena_Marie

kimmerk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kimmerk Posted 9 Sep 2008 , 4:25pm
post #1 of 8

Hello,
I was wondering if anyone could help me.I'm having a surprise 21st,birthday party for my daughter.And the theme is movies or hollywood.I need inspiration or a idea of what to do or a picture to lokk at and then put my own spin on it.Can anyone help me Please icon_cry.gif The party is December 6th. were expecting about 25-30 people.Hopefully depending on weather I live in minnesota so that can be unpredictable.

Thank You
Kingels icon_sad.gif

7 replies
Teena_Marie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Teena_Marie Posted 9 Sep 2008 , 8:46pm
post #2 of 8

How about cut a sheet cake into 10 equal squares, then from each square cut out one of the letters from 'HOLLYWOOD" then you would have an extra square to cut into a star to place at the beginning or the end of the word. Then you could add decorations that are related to movie stars. (ex. spools of film, lipstick & kiss prints, cameras, etc, etc.) Just an idea, hope this helps.

GLEIGH75 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GLEIGH75 Posted 9 Sep 2008 , 8:58pm
post #3 of 8

You could do a Hollywood Walk of Fame star with your daughters name as the star and do the hand prints and everything and maybe do like a movie reel design on the sides. Hope that helps!

millermom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
millermom Posted 9 Sep 2008 , 9:01pm
post #4 of 8

There was one posted on here just today. Sorry, I don't know the exact link, but it was tiered to look like a stack of film spools with an Oscar on top.

Also, you could cut out the "Hollywood" letters like on the hill above LA, and put them on sticks then stand them up on the cake just like on the hill.

millermom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
millermom Posted 9 Sep 2008 , 9:07pm
post #5 of 8

Here it is! I just did a search for Hollywood, and then for movies. There are TONS!

Good luck!

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1263812

Atomikjen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Atomikjen Posted 9 Sep 2008 , 9:18pm
post #6 of 8

I made one for a friend's daughter's sweet sixteen. This was a lot of fun to make! =)

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1152917

MacsMom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MacsMom Posted 9 Sep 2008 , 10:04pm
post #7 of 8
Teena_Marie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Teena_Marie Posted 10 Sep 2008 , 1:17am
post #8 of 8

thats so cool!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%